How Was It For You?! NEC Show (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not going until the weekend & wondered what those that have already been thought of it? Any new gadgets & gizmos or interesting layouts or new manufacturers? Anything that is too good to miss?:)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Be there Friday for the weekend and into the Show on Saturday :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
On CC Site now leaving am tomorrow. Lot's of new shiny motorhomes very tempting for some. The BlackHorse stand was inundated with people spending the kids inheritance (y). Lots to see

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Didn't see any funsters today, but then I didn't wear my badge either! Very impressed with the quality of the big Le Voyageur although it's a tad shy of £150k, and some of the Dethleffs, rather surprised at some of the the crappy fittings on the 200K Niesmann Bischoff, chrome effect socket cover looks like it will fall off on first use. Got to love the Concorde Charisma, a snip at £188,000, chunky and solid, massive inside and out, my van of the show I think! Hymer pretty standard fare, although it does look as though there trying a bit harder again to up the quality and there was a couple of models at the show that I haven't personally seen. If returning to have another look is anything to go by, (Dreams aside) for a reasonable, new A class van of a good quality and price, the Dethleffs probably has in the 75k - 85k bracket, and was pretty impressed with the pilotes in the 55k - 75k bracket, however, I would add that I don't know much about either. Can't make my mind up about Bursner, the bigger ones seem to be very expensive for what they are. Lets hear from the owners.

Can't say much about the caravans (although the ancient one is worth having a look at, a classic) or the other types of M/H as I was only looking at the A Class ones as I'd like to update mine and didn't get time to look at the bits and pieces, too busy looking at vans, plenty to go at as usual and I did notice several people walking away with what looked like an upright pressure cooker/ stewpot type thingy??

Interested to know if anyone has a "Doggy Bag"one of those bags that cleans your mucky dog when you put it in, the blurb says:- "Wet mucky dog goes in, dry clean dog comes out! Doggy Bag dries and cleans your dog in minutes, and contains the mess. Spotless motorhomes. No more wet stinky towels." Anybody got one? Stand 10.36

There's also a ceramic hob and combined heater that works off the vans diesel, The Wallas XC Duo, Wallas UK, Stand 11.25 "It eliminates the need for bottled gas, is safe and operates with totally room sealed combustion." Look forward to a full report from the "Techies" amongs't you.

Lets hear about your van of the show based on price, layout, quality etc.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
We fly down for the day on Saturday. We wont' have too much time to look at those vans outside of our budget so instead will be concentrating on what we can afford with U-shaped lounge. So, that will be Swift/Bessacarr, Autotrail, Elddis et al. (I hear you). I thought the new Swift Rio would be ideal for us but after reading this month's MMM review, I am not too sure. Anyway, still looking forward to seeing it. Very interested in the doggy bag though so will defo take a look at that.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Went yesterday.Plenty of vans to look at.Bought some more LEds .now got full set.Chris bought some more solar lights:whistle:.Had a good chat with upolsterers got a few quotes.Looked at Rapidos not intending to buy though:cool:.Got home last night Chris looked at finances:eek:.Looks like we will be having another look.Getting that funny feeling we may be visiting somewere shortly.:)

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Didn't see anything that rocked our boat !
Our friend like the Burstners but we didn't :(
Was disappointed with the Rabido but perhaps it was just us as we got in a jam going down was parked in the furthest away car park E5 no buses working everyone was complaing when we finally got in !
And have been spoilt with the Dusseldorff show :)

chrisgog

Free Member
Dec 24, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Snyone notice if DFDS ferries were there with any offers? Chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Interested to know if anyone has a "Doggy Bag"one of those bags that cleans your mucky dog when you put it in, the blurb says:- "Wet mucky dog goes in, dry clean dog comes out! Doggy Bag dries and cleans your dog in minutes, and contains the mess. Spotless motorhomes. No more wet stinky towels." Anybody got one? Stand 10.36

No, I don't have one, but as we have two med sized dogs had a look at them and certainly a good idea for the van .. but at £69 for what is basically a micro-fibre towel bag with a zip.. no thanks.. I could run one up on the sewing machine for under £20 using new towel, or old towel for next to nothing... I would use velcro in place of a zip.. less chance of it snagging on the pooches hair.

http://www.microfibrestore.co.uk/petcare.html

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
a good idea for the van .. but at £69 for what is basically a micro-fibre towel bag with a zip.

:Eeek: £69!!? Blimey.....that is over priced. We spoke about getting something like this, but I think I'll get the sewing machine out myself ;)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We were there yesterday, got caught in the snarl up of the M4/A34 so didn't get to the show until 1.30. Didn't bother with the new vans but there were lots on show. I don't know if it was me but I don't think there were as many side stalls, there is still a good selection though. Kampa Air had a good crowd and are showing most of the models. We didn't see anything "new" but still managed to buy a few bits that we don't need, electric kettle, awning tie down, cleaning stuff etc...Stopped by Eddie's Vanbitz and managed to buy a new Avtex TV (I know, There are £100 TV's elsewhere but I wanted one). The folding ladder man was there again, just as slick as ever. There are a few battery bikes on show although I didn't see AS bikes. I didn't see DFDS, but I probably missed them. We like the NEC show, I wish we had more time to drool over some of the new vans. If you are going and want to see everything then get there early.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Didn't find DFDS, not in the show guide so looks like they are not present.

As has been described above the luxury top end lottery win models are absolutely fantastic, and many of the suppliers let us mere mortals inside unrestricted to have a look, not all do though. Well done those who do.

If your into van based, I don't think I have ever seen so many on display under one roof, just about every size and possible layout to suit anyone. In these models I did notice that some really good layouts that looked to have a higher quality finish inside were not necessarily the most expensive nor the bigger names.

I didn't notice any particular new innovation that really struck me as a wow, must have one.

Overall we had a good day and talked to a lot of people. It was very busy, and if that follows through to the weekend, I would get there for doors open.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If your into van based, I don't think I have ever seen so many on display under one roof, just about every size and possible layout to suit anyone. In these models I did notice that some really good layouts that looked to have a higher quality finish inside were not necessarily the most expensive nor the bigger names.

I think more and more people are downsizing to PVCs.. you see a lot more on the road these days.. and people like us who have had a family and the big motorhomes, now retired and on their own, think that a van conversion would be more practical for getting to out of the way places, cheaper on ferries, tolls etc cheaper to run, and as retired, not required for commuting can be used everyday, thereby saving the cost of keeping a second car on the road..

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If returning to have another look is anything to go by, (Dreams aside) for a reasonable, new A class van of a good quality and price, the Dethleffs probably has in the 75k - 85k bracket, and was pretty impressed with the pilotes in the 55k - 75k bracket, however, I would add that I don't know much about either. Can't make my mind up about Bursner, the bigger ones seem to be very expensive for what they are. Lets hear from the owners.
Interested to know if anyone has a "Doggy Bag"one of those bags that cleans your mucky dog when you put it in, the blurb says:- "Wet mucky dog goes in, dry clean dog comes out! Doggy Bag dries and cleans your dog in minutes, and contains the mess. Spotless motorhomes. No more wet stinky towels." Anybody got one?

Doggy bags....... What a waste of money. Seen them at a few shows, and instead of a wet towel you have a wet bag. Same problem. Our cocker idiot would go mad in one if he couldn't get his feet moving and would probably injure himself.

Vans? the Pilote/Frankia A class (same company) are well worth a look as they are well built and competitively priced. Well pleased with ours

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Had a good day. Happy that Rona said she did not see anything that would tempt her to change. Wore our badges,did not see another badge. Standholders seemed to be very helpful when they saw the badge though. Saw Dergrowller(Dave and Gill) great to have a chat. Lots to look at including Fiona Bruce!
Cheers
BeanieBeanie;)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Pedantic hat on alert ;)

The OP asked how was it, not when you're goingo_O

I did warn you :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We're off to a CS after coffee and toast, at the show early doors (it's a football thing) tomorrow and maybe again Friday if we want to see more.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Alan,::bigsmile:
We found a new gizmo....a flag with "talk to me" on it.:Eeek:
We're taking it to the next Caravan Club Rally !!!!:rofl:Bloody weirdos
We need a load of Funsters to invade CC rallies & teach them the Fun way! We were a bit outnumbered before. Won't have that problem at Norden Farm Dorset Rally(y) :party2:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
No, I don't have one, but as we have two med sized dogs had a look at them and certainly a good idea for the van .. but at £69 for what is basically a micro-fibre towel bag with a zip.. no thanks.. I could run one up on the sewing machine for under £20 using new towel, or old towel for next to nothing... I would use velcro in place of a zip.. less chance of it snagging on the pooches hair.

http://www.microfibrestore.co.uk/petcare.html
First order off me. I'll have one!:)

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
I got a dog bag off the internet and it was half that price. I think it's great, we put her in it after our hike and she has a snooze. I thought she'd crack up but she didn't .As Dux says you have a wet bag, but we don't have wet seats.
upload_2014-10-15_16-57-25.jpeg

Jotel

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2004
DFDS not there I think. Most you can get is a 10% discount off Ferry/Tunnel with CC

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back