How To Tow A Scooter, And What To Buy? (1 Viewer)

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
As relative newbies (we bought our 1st MH 10 months ago) I have always managed to get sensible answers, from you all, based on years of experience, rather than theory. So I would once again like to pick your brains. We have a small (5.5m) Eldiss Firestorm 400, on a Peugeot Boxer base. We have found that once parked up we don't like to move, and would like to take a scooter with us, for short journeys to local attractions.
1. What would be the best way to transport one?
We have seen 'Dollies, trailers etc, however we have a small box on the back of the van, and a trailer would have to clear this
2. Has anyone used a doggy box on a scooter? Our small dog goes everywhere with us and we have seen a dog box which fits on the back of a scooter
3. Can anyone recommend a cheap is scooter suitable for taking 2 of us plus said doggy?

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi, can't help with the trailer but am interested in the doggy box, could you let me know what box you have seen please. Interested in any news on solving this one as we too have a small friend that could do with a lift.

Cheers

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dolly's are technically a no-no because the wheel on the road has a brake and that brake must work when the van brakes are used.......and there is no simple method of doing that.

A regular bike trailer is the easiest and safest option....but you have to find space for it on your pitch when not in use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Motolug do a nice trailer that can be easily dismantled and stored under the van when not in use.
Re your dog, what breed/size/weight is it? I may have an answer.
Vic

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Our dog is a CavaPoo-a cross between a Cavalier and toy Poodle. I think he is around 6kg and around 2ft tall

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Easy. Try baglux or baster.com. They do a special tank bag for pets that clips on to a tank cover. It would mean a motorcycle rather than a scooter. If you must have a scooter, then a large top box with a hole cut in the top should surfice. If the dog wears a harness then they could be clipped in to prevent them jumping out. I used to carry my Tibetain terrier (15kg) on the back of me in a converted machine mart storage box.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had a Erde PM310 trailer, towed very well and easy to load.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
My son done me a trailer 3 biker ang put another jockey wheel at the back, if got stuck somewhere can spiln it around on my own and away we go, be interesting to know about dog, i have scooter with small jack russell 6 kg regards

friar tuck

Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
we did a tour last year of France with our little dog,i used a pet carrier from any pet shop and zip tied it to the rack on my top box.Although a lot of the
2014-06-14 11.15.57.jpg
2014-06-09 10.01.50.jpg
time she ended up driving while i had a rest.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back