how to........... security locks (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi With todays society security is a issue !! you could start with good motorhome alarm !! then a visual deterant is welcome like a nemasis wheel clamp extra fiamma door locks help but are not perfect, i like the diy solution with a door to door plastic covered wire so cab doors can not be opened at night , you can mix and match these on and where you are on the camping scale:winky: i mean while parked at home i employ all off these making things has hard as poss/:wub: for the would be thief!!:Mad:

but nothing is 100% secure it how hard you make it

these are few ideas ...

theres is another issue which i will not put down here if you pm me i let you know i dont want to put it down so every tom dick and harry to know!!:RollEyes:present company excepted

Ray

Last edited:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Ray,

One think to bear in mind with all this security, you might have to bail out in a hurry in the dark with smoke present, so have a long hard think before you secure your van like Fort Knox.

If like us, in our mid seventies, not very agile, getting out of the van at the best times is not easy. I hate to think how we would cope if we had chains across the doors and dead bolts to unlock in an emergency.

We don't have any extra security other than the basic alarm. Never felt the need for it in any of the vans we have had in the last 38 years.

Never had any problems yet and we go further than most.:Smile:

Don

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi don:Smile: would echo that when using the motorehome make sure you bail out ! i was thinking more when parked up at home, i never come across a problem yet myself:RollEyes:

ray

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back