How to play music if perm on camera connected to AV port? (1 Viewer)

Adrianlle

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Evening. I have a flip out screen Pioneer AVH head unit in our Westfalia James Cook. Plays music etc etc 2 cameras, one connected to the reversping port of the head unit and comes on when reverse is selected. The other camera is permanently on and is connected to the AV port of the head unit. With AV selected That gives a good view behind and to side when driving but because it utilises the AV port , no music can be played! Now that we are all grounded and have tinkering time, I am wondering if there is any way of wiring the permanently on camera that will enable me to play music? Otherwise can only play music when stationary and I switch out of the AV mode. Any of you electronic whizzkids out there have any ideas? Treat me as an idiot please!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Have you tried talking to Pioneer help dept ? They are usually very helpful with tech questions. I have found it's best to phone them rather than emailing.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sounds a modern piece of kit, can you do anything via bluetooth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
This any help..?

OP
OP
A

Adrianlle

Free Member
Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the contributions. Ferreting around YouTube last night I discovered a US clip on my head unit. Clot that I am , it showed that the reversing camera not only comes on automatically when reverse is selected, but also that the camera can be selected by pressing a combination of buttons. It then stays on and music etc can still be played. So the solution is to install a video splitter with a dash switch, and connect both cameras as feesa in and the feed out to the reversing camera port of the headunit. I then don’t need the AV port at all. I can manually switch which of the cameras show when in reverse and when driving ahead. Other alternative is to sell the headunit ( a Pioneer AVHX7700bt- all singing and dancing - on here or eBay) and buy the unit mentioned here by Sillious Sodus as this has 2 camera inputs. Might see if any inteterest in the Classifieds of this site.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wired my Clarion like that at first then realised no audio when you select the AV input as it switches both video & audio, obvious really as it's an AV input.
I rewired the camera to the camera input using relays to switch the inputs.

1585756376823.png

Full post here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
We have a pioneer avh??? And a manual for a x5800dab x3800dab x2800bt.
It runs 2 cameras permanent switched av1 & av2 also gear switched and music Its all in the configuration. How to do it ? I screwed it all up before it magically all worked. Which is why i didnt post earlyier, no help other than saying it can work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back