How to make a Paypal 'gift' payment (ie no fees!) (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I saw the other day where someone was asking about how to make a gift payment via Paypal, so I've done the below which might help, obviously this assumes that both parties have Paypal accounts:

1) Log into your Paypal account
2) Click on ‘Send Money’ tab
3) Put in the email address of the recipient
4) Enter Total amount
5) Click on ‘I’m sending money to family or friends’ blob (IMPORTANT or fees will be charged)
6) Press Continue and proceed as instructed

Paypal Gift Payment.jpg.png

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Most important. I make as many business transactions as I can like this. It's bit of a Paypal loophole. Don't tell them. Shhhhhhh! (y)

Martin OSullivan

Free Member
Sep 7, 2013
Hornchurch Essex
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Self Built
Exp
yes but beware there is no protection if you are buying from a stranger and the deal goes wrong

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As well as paying for goods, services etc, this can be used as a quick way to transfer funds to friends and family (which is what it is really meant for), so if you want to sent someone some money in a hurry, you can do a transfer this way then once they have it in their Paypal account, they can transfer it into their bank account and draw it out.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I will put my hard hat on right now.
I have lived a long time on this planet of ours and over that time, I have found out that nothing is "Free" some b*gger has to pay for it!

Yes I use PayPal and do from time to time send money to family members, it is great that they don't charge for that service. But on the other hand, I really don't mind that they charge me for the other services that they offer, after all why shouldn't I pay for a great service, would I want to keep taking and sending money to the companies that you have bought from, for FREE!

I suppose it's human nature, we want to find a way around the system, get it for "free" and then when the company/service stops because they have gone broke.........well it was a crap company in any case.... wasn't it!

My thinking is, if somebody or company supplies a good service and I want to use it, well pay for it! Charges are to high, well don't use it!

Just my thought of the day :)

I will now enter the bomb shelter! (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I will put my hard hat on right now.
My thinking is, if somebody or company supplies a good service and I want to use it, well pay for it! Charges are to high, well don't use it!
Trouble is that in this instance it isn't YOU who pays for it, but the provider of the goods/services ... if you feel that strongly you could offer to pay the fees for the seller I suppose!:rolleyes:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes it is you don't need to bank with them it says

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Trouble is that in this instance it isn't YOU who pays for it, but the provider of the goods/services ... if you feel that strongly you could offer to pay the fees for the seller I suppose!:rolleyes:

I am fully aware that the provider pays the fees - I am a provider and I do pay the fees.......But, if you read all the posts, you will see that a comment was made on how to "Get around" that.

Having taken my hard hat off now, I will not express anymore of my views on the subject.

I will now, have another beer!:)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I am fully aware that the provider pays the fees - I am a provider and I do pay the fees.......But, if you read all the posts, you will see that a comment was made on how to "Get around" that.

Having taken my hard hat off now, I will not express anymore of my views on the subject.

I will now, have another beer!:)
Now now, calm down dear .... and have another beer! :drink:

It would appear that the way you meant your response to come over wasn't so obvious as I took that you 'thought' you were paying the fees when YOU were buying something which is what I was trying to point out that you don't ... I was just clarifying for others who are not so familiar with it.

Whether someone decides to 'get around' paying Paypal fees when they, as a SELLER, are using it, is another matter and for their own conscience. :blush:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Now now, calm down dear .... and have another beer! :drink:

It would appear that the way you meant your response to come over wasn't so obvious as I took that you 'thought' you were paying the fees when YOU were buying something which is what I was trying to point out that you don't ... I was just clarifying for others who are not so familiar with it.

Whether someone decides to 'get around' paying Paypal fees when they, as a SELLER, are using it, is another matter and for their own conscience. :blush:
No hard feelings, I have had a few beers, the sun is out, Spain is good, had a kip, all is well with the world.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back