How to get the best cup of coffee (1 Viewer)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
just don't buy a jura coffee machine.....biggest mistake of my life. wishy washy muck
Completely disagree. We had our first Jura 8 years and used it daily, minimum 3 times a day. Eventually, ( and that's an awful lot of use) it was not grinding as well, so replaced, without hesitation and At great investment with another Jura - absolutely brilliant. We either buy our beans from costco or carrefour when in Europe.
Now have an nespresso in motorhome which is very good, but not on par with the Jura, but keeps my decent coffee fix going whilst away ( only on Ehu though)
Have discovered coffee pods from aldi and lidl which are fantastic, and taste far better than nespresso ( not as harsh) and obviously a fraction of the cost!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My late Grandfather used to give me Camp coffee from a bottle.

It was disgusting but I never had the heart to tell him.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
One of my old neighbours used camp coffee. Great as a milky drink.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What a load of sh1t!

Would love to try it but not to pay for it.
Don't know why some people turn their noses up at the prospect of drinking coffee made from beans that have come from a Civit bum
Where do they think hens eggs come from?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Although I love espresso best, the most interesting coffee I had was in South Africa. Regular filter coffee with a spoon full of Drinking Chocolate topped off with Kahula cream - brilliant

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
After trying Gaggia at home we now have a Delonghi Fully Automatic which is excellent good coffee great milk and easy to clean. Have also got Nespresso and Tassimo in the office, OK but not the same as a real bean to cup.

Try to avoid 230v appliance in the MH, so have an Aeropress which is ok, but the latest is a Mukka Pot, which so far is a great and really surprising compromise for a frothy milky but tasty coffee from a single pot on a stove. (y)

Shelf life for me about 3 months, we buy from http://www.coffee.uk.com, they roast their own and so far excellent.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Nescafe Azera Americano or a cafeteire mug if I have the time.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We've had Gaggia Baby, Gaggia Classics and our last bean to cup was a Gaggia Swing.
All make great coffee, but now we have a 4 cup Bialetti in the van and a 9 cup one at home.
It makes the best coffee ever, if you get the right ground coffee. We bought loads of tins of Costa coffee when Sainsburys were selling it off cheap, otherwise we use Lavazza or Segafredo.
Aldi and Lidl ground coffee is awful.
We keep instant coffee for people we don't really like!
Allan

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Torn I am, Currently using the continental style aluminium perculator, the one every self respecting French, Spanish and Italian uses, it's ok but....

Chap at work lent me an espresso type machine, this worked ok but I still cannot get that really good cup you get in restaurants here and abroad.

Been looking at Tassimo thingy's that you buy sachets for, not convinced this is the answer.

Anyone got any good suggestions other than drink tea, beer, wine or just shut up instead.
Go to Costa, someone does it for you !!!!! :LOL:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Costa coffee, in my humble opinion, is great.

At home, and in Udo, I use Taylors of Harrogate Rich Italian filter coffee. It's reasonably strong but very smooth and not bitter.

I use a stainless double-wall Grunwerg cafetiere always. Again, one at home and one in Udo.

To avoid using too-hot water, I partly fill the cafetiere with off-boiled water and then add a small amount of cold, followed by more off-boiled hot. Works for me. Very smooth taste.

I always drink mine black. No sugar. Usually one or two cups a day, more often in the morning. Green tea the rest of the time.

One of life's great pleasures, for me, is a freshly brewed cafetiere of coffee first thing in the morning.

Won't drink instant. Hateful stuff.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The real issue is what to do with the used coffee grinds, At home they any flushed down the sink, but I don't like putting them in the grey waste tank so on the road I just throw them on the local greenery, should be ok they are bio-degradable.

The cafe here gives the used grinds away to gardeners for composting or to keep the slugs away. I don't know if it works on slugs....... Coffee grinds are better than tea bags as tea bags never seem to compost.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Nescafe gold blend ......25 years of adverts can't be wrong

Just mind to put the milk in first