How To Drain The Boiler In A Benimar Europe 740 (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi everyone :) I recently posted to ask how to drain the boiler in my Benimar Europe 740. After receiving lots of helpful replies but being unable to locate the boiler, I emailed the previous (French) owner and received this reply;

"As for the cold nights and the water heater, no worries either: the safety system is automatic: It empties itself when the outside temperature is less than 5°C. The only condition is that the battery of the camping car is not empty for the thermostat to work.
You can also do it manually, this is what I advise you at least once a year: You open the tap on the hot water side and the pump, until there is no water at all, then on the cold water side also until the tank is empty, then you leave the taps open but above all you turn off the pump. This will protect the entire water system. You cannot reach the water heater, you must empty it by tap, starting with hot water (even if it is not in operation, this will empty it completely)."

I'm posting this in case anyone needs this information in the future :)

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
If relying on the automatic draining, make sure the pump is off if cold weather is forecast.

Reactions: HKF

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back