How To Correctly Change In-house Battery In Navajo (1 Viewer)

Frank Atkinson

Free Member
Jul 10, 2015
Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Navajo
Exp
Hey, I've just recently bought a Mercedes 310D Autotrail Navajo.

I travelled 200 miles when i got the van, however this did not charge the lesiure battery. i also plugged it in with the cable.

Im not quite sure if theres any switches that are supposed to be on or off while doing this, or could this be a fault with the battery

Thanks in advance

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
May sound daft, but are you sure there is a battery installed ?

Is the actual charger turned on ?

Dont know what control panel is fitted but it may have a master on/off switch which needs to be ON.

Check near the battery for a main fuse in the positive wire...it may have blown isolating the battery completely.

If the battery is there (its been known for sellers to remove them) connect a volt meter/multimeter and check the voltage...should be around 12.6v off charge.
if its on hookup and charging it should be around 14.4v.

If the battery was completely dead then 200 miles is no where near long enough to charge fully.

OP
OP
F

Frank Atkinson

Free Member
Jul 10, 2015
Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Navajo
Exp
Yeah, it is fitted with a battery.

I'm not sure about the charger, what that is or even the location. Sorry complete novice here.

i will check that positive wire, i do also have a multimeter so i will be able to check that, its quite late now so ill investigate tomorrow. could yo tell me more about the charger?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
when driving it charges the vehicle battery mainly but when on EHU there is an option on the control panel to charge engine or hab battery. Mine switches from hab to engine automatically once the hab is fully charged

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back