How to clean the inside of my Fridge.... TIPS please (1 Viewer)

rolling rolling

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2003
Hi There fellow funsters

We have just purchased our first motorhome in the UK. Being 20 years old things are not in tip top condition and the inside of the fridge is very yellow and stained. I have spent a bit of time looking up if you can spray the inside with a plastic / food safe paint, not sure if that even exists but is was on a forum somewhere else on the net saying spray it with spray from Halfords as theirs lasted years. When then asked what paint from Halfords the poster did not reply.
I see people have suggested baking soda mixed with liquid 3% peroxide or neat 40% volume cream peroxide and paint on and leave to bring yellow plastic back to white.
Has anyone tried either method with any success. I hate it so much that I'm thinking of buying another used fridge in better condition. Shame as my friend just spent an hour cleaning the gas burner to get a better flame so it s works great on gas now !!! Have attached a picture which doesn't show totally how bad it is but i think you'll get the picture.

Thanks for your time

Julea

Rolling Rolling

Attachments

• P1140431.JPG
    P1140431.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 102
  • P1140434.JPG
    P1140434.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 97

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
baking soda works on some but not all stains. the plastic is permanently discoloured as chemicals leach out. plasticote spray paint will work after a thorough clean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Fill it with lots of bottles of gin then you won’t notice!!!
Hello and welcome!!
hellowelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back