How to clean burnt sugary droozle off a stainless hob? (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Somehow or another we've managed to be sold a loaf of bread with, we think, added sugar. After successfully toasting a slice or two on our fold out hob top toaster gadget and enjoying with soft booked eggs, etc for breakfast, upon washing up we've realised some kind of sugary droozle has dripped through the toaster holes and melted onto the stainless hob. Fairy liquid, cilit bang, vinegar, K7 and stainless polish haven't even touched it. A few spots I managed to pick off, but in the process have scratched the steel. Any suggestions, please?

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
The Management in my domain swear by a concentrated dose of biological washing powder the consistency of cream. Leave it on overnight. A weaker solution works miracles on getting the tea stains out of melamine and ceramic mugs, cups and stainless steel teapots. Send it down the toilet cassette afterwards to help clean that out,

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Use of sugar is to activate the yeast. - just started making my own bread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I'd go for plain old water. Left to soak for 24hrs. A wet sponge sitting on it is a way. Sugar, whether caramelised or not, does not dissolve any better in anything than it does in water.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you have a steam cleaner that should melt it sufficiently for you to wipe it off.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
That might be a good idea too

OP
OP
Burgo
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
As an update I also tried soaking in strong vinegar and soaking in Bicarb solution. I then tried an Hydrogen Peroxide cleaning liquid which did start to shift it. Had to then resort to light scrubbing with a green "scotchbright" pad, then polished back with Solvol Autosol. Still a few marks, but much better. Thanks to all for the suggestions - ChrisL 's pdf is deffo worth a read.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back