How should campsites deal with the transition when they re-open? A debate. (1 Viewer)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Can’t see the point of limiting mileage as most accidents happen near home. Using this reasoning. The further you are from home the safer you will be ??.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If they close the Amenities Block will they carve a chunk off the price?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When campsites open the demand will be enormous so prices could well increase

All those that would normally be over the water will be here and with limited wild camping sites will be in demand.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I can only assume that will be when there is NO chance of anyone catching or spreading covid to anyone else.
There is never a risk free environment whether it's cv-19 or anything else.
You just have to assess the situation for yourself and judge the level of risk your prepared to take.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Is it really beyond site owners to manage or keep clean their shower blocks ?

Out of the house, not in your van and need the toilet what would you do ? - seriously ?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Is it really beyond site owners to manage or keep clean their shower blocks ?
Yes! Why should we?

Morons are spitting at people, licking railings, driving cars with no driving licence, tax or even the basics, possessing a driving licence! going to parties generally being knobs, so can’t guarantee that they be socially responsible

The NEC in February dirty, selfish halfwits were walking out of the cubicles having had a crap, straight out into the crowds, dirty pigs, getting huffy when called pig!

As always it is the moronic minority that will ruin it for the majority

We will reopen, at a reduced fee, for fully self contained units.

Then we will see how we go, so no bookings for tents or day vans or any other variation that does have a loo and a shower for a while

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Yes! Why should we?

Morons are spitting at people, licking railings, driving cars with no driving licence, tax or even the basics, possessing a driving licence! going to parties generally being knobs, so can’t guarantee that they be socially responsible

The NEC in February dirty, selfish halfwits were walking out of the cubicles having had a crap, straight out into the crowds, dirty pigs, getting huffy when called pig!

As always it is the moronic minority that will ruin it for the majority

Then we will see how we go, so no bookings for tents or day vans or any other variation that does have a loo and a shower for a while

What will you do if you are 'caught short' away from home or the van?

I can see panic buying of Tena products and incontinence pants:whistle2:

Seriously we have to take care of our own safety with sanitiser etc and campsite owners can evict any morons that don't behave..

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Booked Cofton Park yesterday. Dates 1st July to 12th so last days of ACSI. They accepted my booking without a deposit. Didn't ask about facilities and whats open. Just hoping to get out there. Obviously it will be under review but good to see no money exchanged.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The Nightingale Hospitals are empty because there are not enough trained staff, the one at the Excel would need 16,000 if it were full.

A nephew who is at St Mary's in Paddington tried to transfer a recovering CV19 patient but was told that they would need to second four accompanying staff with them.
Those Nightingale hospitals were set up for people on ventilators. It was subsequently found that ventilation is not necessarily the right treatment for patients with Covid 19.

Aug 16, 2018
West Wiltshire
Funster No
Exp
Long time
Getting baffled here. What does the price of motorhomes or capacity of Nightingale hospitals have to do with re opening campsites?

You could look at it that with the nightingales they could open them up as cheap glamping, would recoup some of the cost !
And the price of motorhomes will increase with demand so glamping in a nightingales may be popular !
Or worst case, a free stay as infection spikes now people are let loose !

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I'm disappointed that this thread has become a political debate. I genuinely wanted us all to debate how we envisaged the changes to sites when and if they reopen this summer.

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
On Tuesday Cofton Park accepted my booking after discussions with reception staff. Booking was made on ACSI. Wednesday, got email saying booking was cancelled due to coronavirus. Booking was 1st to 12 July. It looks like sites may not be open first half of July.

OP
OP
Parrot Face
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Members of the Camping and caravan Club are being asked for their advice on the very same subject.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Just filled out the survey, itsobveriously aimed at their large sites. They seemed to underestimate how good the CS network is for social distancing. I assume because that doesn't generate them any money

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I have just booked for New Forest campsite , assured them i have my own faciliries re motorhome, they have stated opening from 4 th July is this correct.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Oh noes, that reduces the discount benefit freebie of getting you guys to work on our vans :tounge:

I have just booked for New Forest campsite , assured them i have my own faciliries re motorhome, they have stated opening from 4 th July is this correct.
The industry is hoping that the next stage of lockdown release, scheduled for 4th July, will both occur and that it will include some re-opening of campsites and similar hospitality. But this is by no means certain or confirmed, and the practicalities and restrictions of campsites being open, and thus what they can offer are also not verified. We must wait, see, and express our desperation.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I think it's all overblown lunacy which is the same opinion of the virology expert I'm married to.

Showers won't need special cleaning, their use with detergents defeats CV19 & personal hygiene is the nemesis of all viruses.
Personally I have no problem cleaning a toilet after myself either, nothing wrong with bleach, bog brush & anti bacterial spray.

How can it be justified to fully close amenity blocks when communal water points, bins & Elsan points will be operational... are they immune?

There's no rational sense to it.

Close the urinals, keep every other cubicle open and stipulate that an appropriate mask - not some random bit of cloth - is worn in every enclosed space including reception and have an aerosol anti bacterial spray ready for card readers and just allow it to naturally dry rather than wiping it off.

It's not rocket science.

If you want to wear gloves, fine, but you'll need to change them every time you enter a different building to avoid cross contamination.

This is from République Francaise/ Épidémie de Coronavirus. dated May 27th.

any person (whatever their nationality, including French) arriving, by air only, from Spain since May 25, 2020 or from the United Kingdom when this country will apply a similar measure, probably from June 8, 2020. It s 'This is a reciprocal measure which will be taken for any other European country whose authorities have decided, in a non-coordinated manner, to apply a fortnight measure to travelers entering their territory from European countries.

No fortnight
Are not concerned by the fortnight:

• travelers from the following European Union member states: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden as well as the countries: Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican;
  • travelers from Spain or the United Kingdom by other means than the plane (train, road, boat ...).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back