How secure is your hab door? (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Trouble is if you fit an external Milenco door lock, then the thieves can reasonably assume you are not in the van during the day.
If you fit internal deadlock or anything inside the van that is not apparent from outside then they will cause a lot of damage to the hab door before they give up trying to enter.
My preferred option would be a visible external deadlock, but with my style of Hartel door door, finding one that I can fit is proving very difficult, as I dont have the removable cut out plate that allows them to be fitted.

I have a Strikeback Growler alarm, with all the flashing Blue LEDs, and all the external locker/garage doors covered, but I wouldn't want to be in the van if it went off, even with the internal sirens disabled.:eek:

If you have upgraded the cab door security with Hoesafe internal deadlocks & Proplates to protect the Fiat door locks as visible deterrents, then the only way to exit the van is via the hab door which will always be the weakest link, other than the windows of course.

I also have a steering wheel lock, clutch claw, & last but not least a Patriot Padlock to lock the drivers seat in the rear facing position.

My Dilemma:
I now feel safer in not having the van stolen, but not safe against the opportunistic break in, causing much damage to hab door:eek:

How far do you go?, Internal/External CCTV maybe, or leave the MIL or Rottweiler in the van ?, but then there is the residual smell/ambiance issue.:giggle:

LES

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I have the milenco inside and out version meaning I can open and close from the inside and use my key on the outside. The floor level in my van, being double floored, is quite high so the lock is about 1.5 metres off the ground. Ok, the determined thief will be inconvenienced but not deterred.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back