how organised are your trips (1 Viewer)

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Thinking of doing this early next year. How long were you away? Is it possible in 6/7 weeks?
Possible but quite a lot of driving we were away for 9weeks and did 3500 miles but I would do it again also on this trip we spent 10 days in calpe

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Possible but quite a lot of driving we were away for 9weeks and did 3500 miles but I would do it again also on this trip we spent 10 days in calpe
Thanks for that. We wouldn’t be stopping anywhere for more than a day or two, so seems possible.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
We may go out around 24 October drive to Spain and come back fo xmas but maybe just stay there don't know where but that's part of it

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It seems that there are more 'wing it' replies than planners.

I suppose campsite users have to plan more.

We as wildcampers/aire users do not have to and even then we get caught out by road works and new height barriers, as in Avignon 2 years ago, which forced us to use the campsite if we wanted to be able to walk to the old bridge and sing 'Sur le pont d'Avignon .....'

This year we were stopped by a 3m bridge restriction - until we realised that it was one we had encountered before and is actually about 3.5m, so under we went.

We were also stopped by another 3m bridge restriction but the guy in the TO helped us with an alternative route - via a road with a 2m bridge!:D2

Planning is not always good, nor winging it.

As the motto was in British Airports' Planning Dept. "No Plan survives Reality"

Geoff

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

I think it’s all down to.... Have you got two weeks off work.... or whether you are retired and have no time restraints!
I have to plan to make sure I see what I want AND get back to work....to pay for all your pensions????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016

I suppose campsite users have to plan more.
Nothing to do with campsites - we probably stay on campsites about 25% of the time, but we never book ahead unless there's something going on that we don't want to miss.

I think it’s all down to.... Have you got two weeks off work.... or whether you are retired and have no time restraints!
I have to plan to make sure I see what I want AND get back to work....to pay for all your pensions????
Yep this is it exactly!

I suspect most of those who say they don't plan at all are the ones who don't have to get back to work on a certain date. We'd love to have the luxury of being able to wander where we liked for however long we'd like. But sadly its quite a few years yet before we'll be able to do that :(

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Nothing to do with campsites - we probably stay on campsites about 25% of the time, but we never book ahead unless there's something going on that we don't want to miss.

Yep this is it exactly!

I suspect most of those who say they don't plan at all are the ones who don't have to get back to work on a certain date. We'd love to have the luxury of being able to wander where we liked for however long we'd like. But sadly its quite a few years yet before we'll be able to do that :(
yes correct except as age takes over so do the hospital appointments

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Search for and click on the location on Google Maps - a side panel pops up with an option to save. Click on Save, then click on Want to go, and then next time you open Maps (if you are logged into your Google account) a little green flag will be flying over the location.
thank you for that

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back