Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am going to buy a black van next.

Will it then get white streaks?
Perhaps I can interest you in my Dads van, it is gold with bronze and grey decals. I’m not sure about streaking though as it spends most of its life at the manufacturers

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just finished cleaning,polishing and waxing ours usually do once per year but first time I have waxed and its come up really nice but it has taken a long time to do I do give it a quick rinse after each trip, the likes of @FJmike certainly earn their money doing this for a living.(y)(y)(y)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I quite enjoy giving it a bath, even this time of year.
It’ll need a polish and wax soon too

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Just had ours premium valeted by Mike Cummings. Cracking job, looks a new van now.
Thanks Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Bought new in March, stored outside, and is yet to be washed (apart from front end bug splats from first trip in April). Can't see much point in washing it this side of next Spring - the roof seems to drain quite well and there's not too many streaks down the sides.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A through wash twice a year including the roof and under the solar panels I've even been known to remove them. Always wash it before a big trip and when we get back. If it looks dirty arter short trips it gets washed.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yep ocd for me too .. Van never gets dirty as always wiping with micro fibre cloth ( I use loads)....
Roof every six weeks .... & ...always wipe front if vsn down to get rid of bugs ... plus engine bay ...
silicone spray locks too ... I can't help it .
As for hoovering .... Every day ... I kid you not ...
Must dash as I'm a busy man . Windows !!!!!
@Blue Knight [[[[Our van gets washed regularly but that's due to my OCD behaviour. I also wash it after every trip and quite often during trips too, i.e. to get the flies and crap off the front end. I always take a large bucket, sponge and shampoo dispenser on every trip.

What would the neighbours think if I turned up in some skanky-looking van.]]]

Ralph's with you boys. Though he says Pugs metallic gold paint is so much easier to keep clean than the old white coach built van .
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Whenever it looks grubby. Just washed and fenwicks winter wash on it . I fancy some sturdy steps . As only 5ft 3

https://www.ladders-999.co.uk/alloy-steps/arpod-alloy-safety-work-platforms.html

Would appreciate your thoughts and what you all do. I have long brushes etc . Ideally a 1.67 -2m platform needs to be foldable .Roof of van 2.9m.

I can buy some tall steps but don't like the wobble If I get it right and choose carefully can put a case to hubby

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back