How much will you pay or have paid for a campsite (1 Viewer)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
some sites really dont want you to take your dog and put high charges on for dogs, others will charge what they think they can get away with, last year my daughter went to martin mere (haven) it was an early season pitch offer 4 nights with ehu, water and hardstanding pitch and access to all facilities for £20 for the two of them and their van, Dogs £6 a night (they have 2 of them) rang to querry the price for the dogs and was told well kennels charge approximately £10 a night so we are cheaper than putting them in kennels if the owners want to bring them. The dogs came to stay with me(foc) whilst my daughter went away

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We stayed at a Pub site near Witchurch. £5.00 per night. No charge for the dog. EHU, Water, waste disposal and the use of Pub toilets.

Great Pub, very old but stylish. Good food sold in there as well athough we didnt partake.

A fenced off field with horses in the paddock next door. Lovely walks in the area.

Jim
:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Weve used comercial sites , country pub car parks , cl's and everything else in between. We are quite new to Motorhoming, having had caravans , trailer tents, and tents previously.
If we want to stay , we pay.
If we use a comercial site , we expect to pay more.
You dont get much choice if your in a caravan or have a tent. You cant exactly turn up at a pub with your caravan or tent ::bigsmile:
We very rarely use comercial sites now though. Unless we have to , as once weve been charged per child (3) Per Dog (2) canopy or awning , even wind break (yes it happens!!) it soon adds up. Also as someone else said , having to book in peak times , school holidays , makes it more expensive.
We've got webasto deisal heating too, with the MH , and all our bulbs are swapped for those l.e.d energy efficient ones , so if we know were going to be on hook up we now take an electric convector heater to get our moneys worth!! We also use our own shower and toilet , kitchen facilities etc.
I think you ought to be charged per electric unit you use , the size of your hardstanding , if you use the showers , toilets , sink area. Maybe if sites could sell you tokens to use. That way its alot fairer for everyone. The more you use , the more you pay.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Weve used comercial sites , country pub car parks , cl's and everything else in between. We are quite new to Motorhoming, having had caravans , trailer tents, and tents previously.
If we want to stay , we pay.
If we use a comercial site , we expect to pay more.
You dont get much choice if your in a caravan or have a tent. You cant exactly turn up at a pub with your caravan or tent ::bigsmile:
We very rarely use comercial sites now though. Unless we have to , as once weve been charged per child (3) Per Dog (2) canopy or awning , even wind break (yes it happens!!) it soon adds up. Also as someone else said , having to book in peak times , school holidays , makes it more expensive.
We've got webasto deisal heating too, with the MH , and all our bulbs are swapped for those l.e.d energy efficient ones , so if we know were going to be on hook up we now take an electric convector heater to get our moneys worth!! We also use our own shower and toilet , kitchen facilities etc.
I think you ought to be charged per electric unit you use , the size of your hardstanding , if you use the showers , toilets , sink area. Maybe if sites could sell you tokens to use. That way its alot fairer for everyone. The more you use , the more you pay.
Bev

I think your right. What I have learned from this post is that its definately horses for courses. There are some that will use facilities to the max such as those with families who will use showers, pools, play areas and stuff to keep kids entertained so to these people its worth it to spend a bit more and thats fine. But if you dont use any of these things, what are you paying for?

I am sure I am now percieved as being a tight Yorkshire man who hates kids and thats fair enough if not exactly true but for us we hardly use anything. Always use our own loo and shower and make our own entertainment so its not really just a case of saving money we simply dont need or want to pay for that stuff we wont use but I now perfectly understand the reasons why some do. There should definately be an option to either have EHU or not if you dont need it and perhaps a charge for using other facilities such as showers or pools. I suppose this all adds to more admistration though.

Hope to see some of you around this year. Just check out the likely wilding spots or CL's for a fiver and you will find us!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
The thing that gets me is as ralph-bev stated when booking a pitch these days everything is chargable,pitch, adults, kids,dog,awnings,sunshades. what ever happend to the days of a pitch price was for a family unit of up to 4 persons and it included awnings,dogs etc. When as 'campers' did we allow this change to creep in.
I can remember back in the 90s going to the likes of Brean Sands last week of june, 1st week of july and it only costing £35 for the pitch for the week with ehu and 4 persons including the passes for all entertainment. Plus children under 4 (i think that was the age) were not charged for.
Just checked now for the same week and you can now expect to pay £182 for van, awning and 2 persons, extra persons £4 an night and dogs £3 a night but children 4 and under are still free

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back