Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
beeen looking got squared eyed in the search ,so question what is the fuel tank capacity on RV's diesel & petrol,i know they probably vary so whats does your RV hold :RollEyes:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
When we owned a Fleetwood Revolution it had a 100 us gallon tank

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, Tiffin Allegro,Cummins B series 5.9 turbo diesel. 80 galls main tank,50 galls spair tank.I know this may sound a lot to carry,but it makes it cheaper to run when I can fuel up in countries where fuel is cheapest,ie,Luxembourg,Spain,Morroco.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi 75US/62 imperial gallons, after LPG conversion around 40imperial.

Olley

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hurricane has 75 us gallons which is around 62 gallons in real money. Since conversion I carry max 150lt LPG and although original petrol tank exists only carry 1/4 tank for genny and starting.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Winne on a P30 with 6.5TD V8, looks like about a 65 Gallon English capacity.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Winnibago Brave 32 carries approx 70 UK gal and 220ltrs of LPG for engine, 6 gallon petrol tank on geni and 100ltr utility gas, Oh and does 0-60 in 3.4 gallons :roflmto:

Boo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think mine is 75gal but never found out, I stop when the pump shows £300 :Eeek:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Anyone had the filling station refuse them to fill up? I did on the way back from London, They said the max I could fill up at one time was $150, I would then have to pay it then go back and carry on filling unitl I reached the next £150.
That also applied to the autogas too:Eeek:

Maybe it's because we might speed off without paying, and have false plates on so we might mingle our 35ft RV in with the rest of the traffic? :ROFLMAO:

Boo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Anyone had the filling station refuse them to fill up? I did on the way back from London, They said the max I could fill up at one time was $150, I would then have to pay it then go back and carry on filling unitl I reached the next £150.

Maybe it's because we might speed off without paying, and have false plates on so we might mingle our 35ft RV in with the rest of the traffic? :ROFLMAO:

Boo

Hi Boo

Car diesel pumps are set to cut off at 100lt .. I think that's for safety reasons ..

When I use the truck diesel pump I normally have to hand over a credit or debit card before filling ..

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005

Boo

Hit the limit a few times but 'they' always say just hang up the gun and start again then pay for the lot in one go. The odd station can't add two/three together so paying is one at a time but no ones made me pay as I go.

Maybee they don't like the look of you:ROFLMAO:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hit the limit a few times but 'they' always say just hang up the gun and start again then pay for the lot in one go. The odd station can't add two/three together so paying is one at a time but no ones made me pay as I go.

Maybee they don't like the look of you:ROFLMAO:

I think your right Dodgey, some people get anoyed when they see a stunningly handsome young man like me :roflmto:

Boo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Boo

local morrisons has a single transaction limit of £100. pump cuts off at this price.
go and pay then start the pump again.
dont know about morrisons nationally though.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Boo

Happens all the time, the pump cuts off at around £100.00. Tank size I dont know. I count MPG as Money Per Mile/Gallon or Litre, 6.8 Litre, V10 Ford Engine.

Jim
:Smile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi never got passed 100L of LPG, always cuts out at that, release pressure and fill again. I was told at one station that you can only do that once as the computor can't handle more than two transactions at the one pump.

Different in France, fills till its full, and you can disconnect and then fill your domestic tank all without the pump stopping.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back