How much does your motorhome cost to run per mile

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
UK
MH
Coach Build
Exp
Just thrown some sums together regarding the cost per mile for the past years travelling :)

Throwing in the mileage for fuel, tax, insurance, mot and tyres (all money I've paid out for this year) works out to be 46 pence per mile, which all in all I'm extremely happy with :)

Would be nicer if the fuel was cheaper :)

Looking at the cost of smoking a packet of Lambert & Butler King Size (£8.08 for 20 - Tesco price) that's £0.40 pence per cigarette......soooooo all in all I get farrrrr better value out of motorhoming than I would if I smoked, plus I'll hopefully live a lot longer too :)

Winner (y):cheers::clap2:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Just thrown some sums together regarding the cost per mile for the past years travelling :)

Throwing in the mileage for fuel, tax, insurance, mot and tyres (all money I've paid out for this year) works out to be 46 pence per mile, which all in all I'm extremely happy with :)

Looking at the cost of smoking a packet of Lambert & Butler King Size (£8.08 for 20 - Tesco price) that's £0.40 pence per cigarette......soooooo all in all I get farrrrr better value out of motorhoming than I would if I smoked, plus I'll hopefully live a lot longer too :)

I wonder if the smokers/non smokers /non MH owners would agree with you as your cruising around the streets emitting exhaust fumes for your own pleasure.:whistle:

Last edited:
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
UK
MH
Coach Build
Exp
I don't want to know what it costs otherwise it would take some of the pleasure away.
I'm completely the opposite Roy. I like to know and the fact that it's such a good price, means I'm even happier than ever to take to the road and keep on travelling, but each to their own and completely get what you mean :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes but if you use your m, home and visit the right countries fags dont cost anything like that . and fuel prices come down .
also have big fuel tanks so you dont buy so much in uk . also bring back lots of beer wine etc so you dont buy in uk that helps .
doesnt work out anything like that . could be you arent using your right .

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Depreciation is bothering me at the moment, trying to work out my retirement plan, how much do I need to put by to change MH in 5/10 years?

Presuming I stay at similar spec I don't think I can ever retire from work :(

OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
UK
MH
Coach Build
Exp
8 quid a packet??:Eeek: Is that how much people pay to slowly kill themselves nowadays?
I know Dux, that's a scary thought :Eeek::Eeek:
Think how much beer could be brought with that kind of money too :cheers::drink::beerchug::notworthy2::rofl:

Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
MH
PVC Possl Roadcruiser
Exp
That doesn't sound to bad, personally I have never worked it out and don't intend to. The motorhome is a lifestyle for us. Use this weekend for example drove about 200 miles round trip stayed at a campsite at the cost of £36 for the 2 nights (only stayed there as its where I needed to be) had a couple of pints in the village pub for around a tenner then home fully recharged,
So in total we must have spent around £100 for a lovely weekend away, well worth it.

OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
UK
MH
Coach Build
Exp
That doesn't sound to bad, personally I have never worked it out and don't intend to. The motorhome is a lifestyle for us. Use this weekend for example drove about 200 miles round trip stayed at a campsite at the cost of £36 for the 2 nights (only stayed there as its where I needed to be) had a couple of pints in the village pub for around a tenner then home fully recharged,
So in total we must have spent around £100 for a lovely weekend away, well worth it.
Gets my vote Lorger!! (y)(y)(y)

Funny how all my worries and troubles stay outside the door when I close it and set off on our next travels. They may be lurking somewhere close by on my return, but they're never thought about whilst we're away :cheers:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies

I wonder if the smokers/non smokers/non MHowners would agree with you as you cruise around the streets emitting exhaust fumes for your own pleasure.
Im sure your hopes for longevity are not their prime concern:whistle:

Aug 30, 2012
Featherstone
MH
C Class burstnar T640
Exp
A more depressing thought for those of us still in employment is how much did your motorhome cost per night it was used last year

David
I have no idea on cost but we have had over 140 nights in van since January 1st and still another 25 or so planned till end of year
So close to half of year in van
In my my eyes that is not bad going
It makes me wonder why we have the expense of a house

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services