How much currency o Scandinavia if any? (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
we have some euros left over from an earlier trip which we will use in Belgium and Germany en route to Scandinavia. We have not planned to take any other currency as we will use our metro card in shops and presume at cashpoint. I do remember reading in one blog that the poster used cards for almost everything in Norway. Anyone been recently and did you take different currencies?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I wouldn't bother bringing any, you can get the local currency out of an ATM once you arrive.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have just returned, we used cards for most purchases as they were accepted everywhere. We had a bit of each local currency which we took with us (about ÂŁ60 for each from memory). It was handy for the spots we stayed at which just used an honesty box system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The euro zone is so easy isn't it? We were stuck in Switzerland,on a pass through , without any coins in Swiss francs for the parking meter.
In Scandinavia, the Danish, Swedish and Norwegian Krona are different currencies and not interchangeable.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
we have some euros left over from an earlier trip which we will use in Belgium and Germany en route to Scandinavia. We have not planned to take any other currency as we will use our metro card in shops and presume at cashpoint. I do remember reading in one blog that the poster used cards for almost everything in Norway. Anyone been recently and did you take different currencies?
If you plan to use small local aires you will need local currency. Like others I used a local ATM to get out the cash we required. Also Norway for example has a lot of automated filling stations which my First Direct visa debit card would not work in, so several alternative cards are a must!!!

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We have just spent 10wks in Scandinavia and used our metro card everywhere and no problems, we did pull a little out from the ATM as others have said each country uses different coins, one tip though when in Denmark don't use euro as their exchange rates in local shops are a right rip off

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Finland uses Euros - cue embasrrasing silence and red face when I tried to exchange some Euros into Finnish currency.............

We drew smallish amounts out of ATM's, although I will admit to changing some euros into Danish Kroner on the ferry from Germany. Horrible rate too!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Finland uses Euros - cue embasrrasing silence and red face when I tried to exchange some Euros into Finnish currency.............

We drew smallish amounts out of ATM's, although I will admit to changing some euros into Danish Kroner on the ferry from Germany. Horrible rate too!
The first time I flew to Denmark I took euros! Fortunately, the taxi driver at the airport accepted them.

OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Thank you. Really helpful we will get them as we go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back