how much crap do we have to go thrugh (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ok how much crap will we have to go through to get passport for our dog and ferret

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
At a guess - a lot. All designed to keep the vets in new Range Rovers, don't you know? :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Only need it for the dog, shove the ferret down yer trousers like any real country boyo would :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Rules for ferrets are the same as for dogs and cats, it's not much bother but quite expensive the first time with the vets fees.
It will cost £15 per dog/cat/ferret each way on the ferry/tunnel each time too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Joking aside, please dont try smugling the ferret, big penalties if you get caught and the ferret might get the chop as well

Peter
It might not just be the ferret that gets the 'chop' if it is down his trousers and gets frightened!!!! :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry got to ask why would you want to take a ferret with you in your motorhome?
Or do you go rabbiting in France or something like that? (lapin en croat)
Where to you keep this ferrett ?
Jim
PS good luck to any mice that visit your van.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sorry got to ask why would you want to take a ferret with you in your motorhome?
Or do you go rabbiting in France or something like that? (lapin en croat)
Where to you keep this ferrett ?
Jim
PS good luck to any mice that visit your van.

I keep it with the flat cap and the pigeons in one of the over heed lockers
where else would you keep a ferret :Eeek:
we don't have any one to look after it when we are away and it's the wee mans pet it doesn't even know watt a rabbit is thinks it a dog :thumb:

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
You must post up some pictures I had visions of it running through your heating tubes and vents for exercise.
Jim

I keep it with the flat cap and the pigeons in one of the over heed lockers
where else would you keep a ferret :Eeek:
we don't have any one to look after it when we are away and it's the wee mans pet it doesn't even know watt a rabbit is thinks it a dog :thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it lives in a hamster tank type cadge sh...ts in a litter tray and go's for walks on a lead with the dog
bully's the dog and wants to play hide and seek all the time
You must post up some pictures I had visions of it running through your heating tubes and vents for exercise.
Jim

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We used to take our pet rats away on holiday with us! We took them away in the UK with us all the time and used to put their cage in the luton well out of the way of the dogs, however I woke up one morning and noticed 2 pairs of beady eyes staring at me ... at the opposite end to where the cage was! :Eeek: The little s*ds managed somehow to push the cage door open and had been having a whale of a time running around the luton all night ... and nibbling the curtains! :Doh:

We only took them with us when we holidayed in the UK so a few years later when we were having a holiday abroad, we booked them into a 'small animal kennel' as usual but, due to the floods that hit Hull then (2007), the 'kennels' got flooded the day before we were due to go to France so we had no option but to to take them with us, after which we always did and they had a lovely time. Our rats used to enjoy having some BBQ food, and pottering around, one in particular called Sprite was just like a little dog, he would come when called and lick our hands, snuggle up to us and liked to have a run around on the beach, in the sand dunes and even have a paddle in the sea. Below is Sprite having a mooch around on a beach in Ireland.

Attachments

• Sprite in dunes in Irelend.jpg
    Sprite in dunes in Irelend.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We used to take our pet rats away on holiday with us! We took them away in the UK with us all the time and used to put their cage in the luton well out of the way of the dogs, however I woke up one morning and noticed 2 pairs of beady eyes staring at me ... at the opposite end to where the cage was! :Eeek: The little s*ds managed somehow to push the cage door open and had been having a whale of a time running around the luton all night ... and nibbling the curtains! :Doh:

We only took them with us when we holidayed in the UK so a few years later when we were having a holiday abroad, we booked them into a 'small animal kennel' as usual but, due to the floods that hit Hull then (2007), the 'kennels' got flooded the day before we were due to go to France so we had no option but to to take them with us, after which we always did and they had a lovely time. Our rats used to enjoy having some BBQ food, and pottering around, one in particular called Sprite was just like a little dog, he would come when called and lick our hands, snuggle up to us and liked to have a run around on the beach, in the sand dunes and even have a paddle in the sea. Below is Sprite having a mooch around on a beach in Ireland.
there is only two things in my life I have been scared of and rats off any kind is one the other is the wife

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Bill

Which way are you going to Europe? If you are coming somewhere near me I can offer to Ferret sit depending on when yo intend going.

We have a spare cage....two ferrets ... and my daughter has two....

I live just the other side of Lincoln....so not that far from you in the great scheme...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
There's info about ferrets and passports on the DEFRA site.

Any vet who's issued passports will have all info you need.

Going out of UK is simple. Nothing, they may not even bother checking pet passports.

Coming back dog goes to vet any time 24-120 hours before ferry/train, worming pill, vet stamps passport. They a map on Fun with all the vets recommended.

I've taken 2 dogs and 2 cats back and forth on my own for last 7-8 years, never had a problem.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bill, (I am being serious now, HONEST.) It was on tv the other morning that ferrets have to mate every year or they die.

Honestly, I am not joking. So please make sure you know of another ferret to mate it with so little fella doesn't get upset. BILL I AM NOt KIDDING YOU. HONESTLY..

Joy.

(Good job that doesn't apply to humans aint it.):Doh:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Bill, (I am being serious now, HONEST.) It was on tv the other morning that ferrets have to mate every year or they die.

Honestly, I am not joking. So please make sure you know of another ferret to mate it with so little fella doesn't get upset. BILL I AM NOt KIDDING YOU. HONESTLY..

Joy.

(Good job that doesn't apply to humans aint it.):Doh:

This isn't quite factual Joy.....Jills (female ferrets) can have a Jill jab, hysterectomy, an emplant, be mated with a sterile male or simply be mated in order to prevent the possiblility of them developing an infection of their vulva during the time they are in season.

The jab lasts a year (sometimes), the hysterectomy is permenant prevention of infection, the implants can last a year or longer (bit unknown), mating with a hob has to be once a year when in season.

Hope this is helpful clarafication.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill

Which way are you going to Europe? If you are coming somewhere near me I can offer to Ferret sit depending on when yo intend going.

We have a spare cage....two ferrets ... and my daughter has two....

I live just the other side of Lincoln....so not that far from you in the great scheme...
it worth thinking about but I think the wee man wont go for it he would just miss her to much :cry: he would just fret plans have changed a bit as I have a new job starting on Monday so don't know when we will be gowing

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
it worth thinking about but I think the wee man wont go for it he would just miss her to much :cry: he would just fret plans have changed a bit as I have a new job starting on Monday so don't know when we will be gowing

No problem....just contact me if you want/need to....:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back