How much can life throw at one person

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
April 2010
A couple of days ago I learnt some awful news, Just over 10 years ago I met a young lad called Matthew Bolton in the car club I was in, he came from the same village and together with a small group of others from our village we travelled around the country attending various car shows, doing track days at most of the UK circuits and also a week long trip to the Nurburgring in Germany.
Three years ago Matthew and his partner Laura sadly lost there baby boy at 42 weeks,
A year after their loss they welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world however their daughter has been diagnosed with Spina Bifida and at 2 years old has undergone 7 operations,
A few days before Christmas aged 29 Matthew was diagnosed with cancer of the Oesophagus, he is in a lot of pain can barely eat and has lost 6 stone since September.
A few years ago he bought a clapped out classic VW camper which he and Laura named 'Helga', they have slowly restored her going for the 'Rat' look popular on the VeeDub scene and as he is a joiner/ cabinet maker by trade completing the interior to a smart modern looking finish, gone are the boy racer cars replaced with the Camper which he like all of us planned to spend as much time as possible exploring and spending time with his loved ones.
A group of friends are planning a charity walk on the 10th of March of 67 miles starting in our village of Harworth, Notts to Bolton, Great Manchester and they have set up a GoFundMe page:

www.gofundme.com/toboltonforbolton

If anyone would like to check it out please take a look
Thank you
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you for posting ... :( There are no words to say to make sense of what this young couple have gone through. It is cruel.

I once read a book entitled Why do bad things happen to good people? I was no wiser at the end. How can you say anything to make it easier.

My thoughts are with everyone concerned ... please continue to let us know as this walk progresses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
April 2010
The ‘Go Fund Me’ page has now passed the target of £6000
Thank you to all Funster’s who made a donation
There are still many things planned to help Matthew and his young family so the fund will hopefully continue to grow
Thank you (y)