How much are CL's in general? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
Generally all clubs do them but not all sites are open all year round.
Some CLS do them as well,
This https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=new+forest&by=town
Is very useful
I have found all sorts of little places through here
The two big boys c@mc and c@cc have some open all year sites
I stay on a big site, but it's no frills, no shop, no launderette, no toilet block etc, because that suits me and makes it quieter, also I've got a few dogs and never had a problem, people don't even know they are there, so I'm sure you're gorgeous one won't be a problem.
It takes a few goes on these campsites to work out what you like, might be worth picking a couple going between the two, get to know the owners etc
Or join one of the clubs and use a bigger site , I like that because you hide in plain site and that is good for me!
I belong to the c@cc
I don't know where you are Wissel ,but if you all ever come down south give us a shout šŸ‘

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I'm now about 6 weeks away from buying a van to live in full time in, and I've recently started to wonder if I would be safer keeping my current accommodation available until say November, even if I'm not using it, as a fall back in case of a second wave.

My worry is another big outbreak over the winter that could shut things down until say March. We are already fulltime, so will just ride it out. But as you have a choice of keeping a backup for now it's probably a smart choice IMO :)

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
Also the bigger clubs seem to accept the point that some of us full-time and during this lockdown have allowed us to stay, so that would probably ( I hope ) stay the same if it happened again? She says with fingers crossed šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Cheers Nikki I'll look into these (y)

I don't know where you are Wissel ,but if you all ever come down south give us a shout šŸ‘

Currently in Cheshire, but moving down towards The New Forest early July (hopefully, depends on lockdown and if something we are booked into goes ahead). Plan to stay in the area for a few weeks (not booked anywhere yet), then Cambridge to see relatives, then Cornwall the same. Then, who knows :)

We were planning on Scotland over the winter, but this seems a bit unlikely now. So likely a few sites in the South instead and see what happens around March.

If we get somewhere close (wherever that is lol), then yep - I'll give you a shout :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back