How many people have the X250 Fiat without Judder ? (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Not having any knowledge of your particular gearbox I have to ask if you have a clutch ?
If not then you have a fluid clutch (oil) and will probably not have any judder.
As has been stated several times, it is the six speed manual gearbox that is the cause of the problems.

I only have 2 pedals on the floor much as any other auto......GO and Stop.
So I think you may be right..the lack of judder might well be down to a fluid clutch.
I can drive the vehicle by selecting gears on the gear lever like a Tiptronic
I can also hold it in a gear using this.
Most of my cars have been autos over the last few decades I much prefer them.

barry

OP
OP
jaykay

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Great replies from you all.
It really has shown that there is far from a gaurantee that buying an X250 will result in having judder problems, although it is clearly a serious issue to check out prior to any purchase.

Its such a shame that this problem wasn't 100% fixed as the rest of the base vehicle seems to be very good.

It definately ahsnt put me off buying an X250 based vehicle and my final decision will be based on whats available when I am in a position to buy, and that will be when I get my house sold, hopefully in the next few months. :Cool:

Keep the discussion of your experiences going, its invaluable. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have a 2007 Fiat X2/50.
It juddered and had 'the Fix'. It still judders but is not so bad and is controllable.
The reverse gear is still too high.

Simple test.
Find a large empty carpark. Gear box in first gear and slowly let out the clutch without touching the accelerator.
Now do the same in reverse gear.
In which gear does the motorhome travel fastest.......1st gear forward, or reverse gear.

My motorhome goes faster in reverse than in first gear. That can't be right!
:restmycase:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I dont think it affected the 3 litre. My 2.3 juddered, bought it 2008 sold it 2008. Lovely driving forward.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I've just bought a 2011 Autocruise on a Boxer 2.2 and it judders in reverse.:whatthe:

Pete:Cool:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I've just bought a 2011 Autocruise on a Boxer 2.2 and it judders in reverse.:whatthe:

Me Too, my Eldiss Autoquest on a Boxer 2.2 has only been used a few times , but twice recently I had a judder when in reverse, I thought I had run over something I had left on the ground whilst sited at first, but no, it was clutch judder, didn't realise a problem existed until reading the post,
Pleased overall with the driving of the vehicle, but wished it had cruise control, particularly cruising at 60/65 on motorway, which seems to be a natural, comfortable speed and getting a 30 mpg figure as well, except when indulging in a " little tow " from nice friendly lorry drivers in front, when it has returned 34 ish on my last run south, about 800/900 miles . :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Me Too, my Eldiss Autoquest on a Boxer 2.2 has only been used a few times , but twice recently I had a judder when in reverse, I thought I had run over something I had left on the ground whilst sited at first, but no, it was clutch judder, didn't realise a problem existed until reading the post,
Pleased overall with the driving of the vehicle, but wished it had cruise control, particularly cruising at 60/65 on motorway, which seems to be a natural, comfortable speed and getting a 30 mpg figure as well, except when indulging in a " little tow " from nice friendly lorry drivers in front, when it has returned 34 ish on my last run south, about 800/900 miles . :thumb:

Mine has cruise control which is handy.

I traded my Hymer Merc. with Sprintshift for this and I have to say that even though the Merc. was a 2003, it was light years ahead of the Pug/FIAT/Citreon to drive.

Driving the Merc was sheer pleasure this Pug is just about OK but nothing more.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Mine has cruise control which is handy.

I traded my Hymer Merc. with Sprintshift for this and I have to say that even though the Merc. was a 2003, it was light years ahead of the Pug/FIAT/Citreon to drive.

Driving the Merc was sheer pleasure this Pug is just about OK but nothing more.

Yes, you are spot on Itinerant. a Merc is a Merc whether its a car or a van, I take a Merc Sprinter van loaded to the gunnels with 3 pallets of tools over to Ireland occassionally, and its almost a pleasure to drive even when fully loaded. :drink:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a 2012 registered Fiat 2.3 euro 5 base in our Autocruise Accent, however, from some paperwork I saw at the dealer we bought it from, it appears to have been manufactured in July 2011 and converted in October/November 2011, then registered in June 2012.

We haven't had any problems with judder and today we went down a single-track road (hubby had missed the turning so the sat nav took a short detour to get us back on the right road) and a tractor with a trailer loaded up with bales of hay pulled out so hubby had to reverse it about 200 yards - he found it very easy to do and it didn't murmur at all (it was on the flat). Although we have only had it less than 2 weeks he is very pleased with it, especially how quiet it is and how 'car like' it is to drive.:thumb:

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have a 2012 registered Fiat 2.3 euro 5 base in our Autocruise Accent, however, from some paperwork I saw at the dealer we bought it from, it appears to have been manufactured in July 2011 and converted in October/November 2011, then registered in June 2012.

We haven't had any problems with judder and today we went down a single-track road (hubby had missed the turning so the sat nav took a short detour to get us back on the right road) and a tractor with a trailer loaded up with bales of hay pulled out so hubby had to reverse it about 200 yards - he found it very easy to do and it didn't murmur at all (it was on the flat). Although we have only had it less than 2 weeks he is very pleased with it, especially how quiet it is and how 'car like' it is to drive.:thumb:

Picked up our new van yesterday and it DOESN'T judder, yes!::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Some of the blame has to be laid at the coachbuilders as it was produced with at least 3 different final drive ratio's and its the coachbuilder who orders the chassis

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Final answer from Fiat

The official Fiat answer to the clutch judder in reverse problem, which I have been given in a telephone conversation with them, is simply to increase the engine revs to eliminate it.
When I asked about possible clutch damage they said it would not be a problem, and any subsequent damage would be taken care of by them. Yeah, right.

So that is it as far as Fiat are concerned. Job done.

In the 1980s I owned a Fiat car and said it would be the last Fiat I ever owned. It was until this MH. Wish I had stuck to my plan. One thing for sure, this WILL be the last Fiat.

majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Haven't noticed any sign of clutch judder on my 2007 3 ltr Fiat with 6 speed manual gearbox, however seeing as I got rid of it some 15 months ago I'm not likely to. Fiat as far as I am concerned can go to hell. Andy Stothert moved heaven and hell to try and sort out this mess, but buyers , converters, dealers and trade magazines have buried there collective heads in the sand, and hoped the problem would disappear along with the effected vehicles warranties, I must say that by reading this thread it appears to be working. Those of us who were however effected by this scandal will never sign a cheque in Fiat's favour ever again.

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
I have an 59 Reg Fiat 2.3, it had a slight judder which I didnt bother about for two years it was neither here nor there, when I took it in to Fiat Preston for its second service I mentioned it to them and they then tested got in touch with Milan both of which kept me informed of progress the result was a service and modification all done no probs since, I personally think they are a great vehicle I had the previous model has well, We have just part exed our current van for a new Fiat 2.3 based Bessacarr E480 which we pick up on the 7th Sept, I hope that is of some assistance to you. Pete

Hi Peter I am about to pick up a Chausson Welcome 76 on a Fiat 2.3. Interested in why you took your van to Fiat in Preston and not a motorhome dealer. I live near Preston who does your habitation check? Reg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back