LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So it seems there are or were different kinds of full timers. I suppose we start with the Gypsies, now Travellers, and move on to rich folk using horse drawn caravans in a back to nature life. Then the old hippies in their converted trucks, busses and VW vans. These became the protest community with the dog on a string. Now we have people who are forced to travel to find work and do not like living in digs. Not sure where the richer crowd with £50,000 vans fit in, trying to recreate an earlier life with their young partner following the sun and surf? Sadly modern life seems to have made a situation where van living becomes the only economical solution to high housing costs. There is the artist community following their dream, in a flat in St Ives, on a canal barge or a motorhome.
I find this whole full time thing interesting, I know it would not suit me as I have wider interests than the van life and like to see my family and friends but it truly does suit some, and good luck to them.
Deleted

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
After reading the following
Any one got any idea how many full timers there are on the forum?
I'll start me 1
Theres a few on this forum for sure ....but this forum is mostly an older generation ...you will find literally thousands of fulltimers on other platforms.
I follow quite a few on instagram , then theres the bloggers , overlanders etc
Facebook if you can stand it has dozens of fulltimer groups

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We are full timers but we've been parked up on my parents drive way since June!

Devastated about the 90/180 days. Anyone got any ideas?
The 90 days upsets me too as im used to doing longer and of course want the weather. The only way around it at present is to include countries outwith shengen

There are quite a few ....
Screenshot_20200927-073213_Chrome.jpg

And of course once in to turkey you can go further east ....ive met a few people on this trip who say Georgia etc are beautiful....im already making plans for next years trip ...and if the covid situation has improved ill be aiming at 9-11 months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
1 more.
I have always loved travelling, and spent most of my working life on short contracts in various countries, with long trips between contracts, so fulltiming came naturally.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
The 90 days upsets me too as im used to doing longer and of course want the weather. The only way around it at present is to include countries outwith shengen

There are quite a few ....View attachment 453839

And of course once in to turkey you can go further east ....ive met a few people on this trip who say Georgia etc are beautiful....im already making plans for next years trip ...and if the covid situation has improved ill be aiming at 9-11 months.
Georgia is beautiful, I travelled there on a short visit on foot a couple of years ago. Except Batumi, if you arrive there by boat from Ukraine, don't let first impressions put you off (its full of gambling Russians).

Emmac0023

Free Member
Jul 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Theres a few on this forum for sure ....but this forum is mostly an older generation ...you will find literally thousands of fulltimers on other platforms.
I follow quite a few on instagram , then theres the bloggers , overlanders etc
Facebook if you can stand it has dozens of fulltimer groups
Hadn't thought of Facebook groups, just joined the vanlife UK one...it has 27000 members!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We are full timers. Although not really. We work for 2 months a year and this involves staying in bricks and mortar. This does mean we don’t require full timers insurance though 🙂

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Been fulltimers for approximately 3 years, but packing it up once the house is sold. Wifes health hasn't been too good this past year, so will be downsizing on the house & motorhome. Still hoping to spend winter down south though when all this madness is over🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back