Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Giest Spirit...German....Insulated...3 Gas Burners plus oven and Grill. She wouldn't have let me buy it if it hadn't had an oven.

We also purchased an induction hob recently just for hook up.

I wish you lick with yours........Griff

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Full cooker - oven, separate grill and hob. Hob has 3 gas burners and 1 solid electric plate. Fitted microwave, could do without that as we are hardly ever on hook up. The solid plate is a lot more use when we ARE on EHU and as there are only 2 of us and one of my pans has a steamer so nearly all veg are steamed on top of the bubbling spud saucepan I don't find any difficulty at all with that arrangement. It's a 'Stoves' cooker and the Regulo is very true - grand-daughter cooked a Vctoria sponge in it last year. I want one for home as my sad old Parkinson Cowan id cream crackered (well I had in it 1984, can hardly complain LOL - but we do look after stuff!)

If we ever fancy absolutely anything we want to eat we have the means to cook it.

I'd highly recommend the Flavel Vanessa too. I've used the 'full cooker' version in caravans since 1983 (and I also have a freestanding one which I originally bought because the original caravan was - A HYMER!!! - and only had 2 burners and a grill. :Eeek: )

Me and daughter have cooked many a dinner for 10 people using the freestanding one when we've hired remote Frech lakes en famille for carp fishing holidays - admittedly plus one or two Coleman petrol stoves (work on pressure, a la Primus) for the spuds to start on and boil the kettle for the gravy LOL (fiercer heat esp when it's windy weather!) - but they had them in the bivvies anyway.

And I've done quite a few dinner parties for eight - 4 or 5 courses, Beef Wellington using a whole fillet; a brace of pheasants, Baked Alaska - whatever LOL NP !

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have an oven and 3 gas rings.

We hardly use the oven. It isnt particularly efficient my wife tells me.

We use a ramoska on hook up which seems pretty good and we managed to find a low watt small microwave which fits perfectly into one of our overhead cupboards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Rapido and the UK spec is a 3 ring hob and a separate small oven/grill which we have become used to. We also have a Remoska and a Double Skillet which are both excellent, and not forgetting the Cadac. :thumb:

Looking round, I beleive that Burstner fit UK type full four ring gas/electric hob/oven/grill's in their UK specced van's, and possibly Adria are another.:Smile:

Im sure you will acclimatise to the Hymer, its just a question of adapting as other posters have said. Let's face it there are a lot of Hymers out there and their owners dont appear to go hungry.:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, german van Euramobil, :thumb: 4 rings grill oven, and I don't know if Jane has mentioned it, :RollEyes: but she has a Remoska that travels in the oven for when we have hook up.:thumb:
A slow cooker that only needs a gas ring, :Smile: and a Cadac for those hot sunny days. :Doh: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Barbecues.

Any reason ?

No real reason, just that whenever I get invited to one the food always seems over or undercooked. I can cook the largest piece of meat perfectly in a fire pit, but it's an overnight job and campsites never seem to keen on you digging holes so you can bury your dinner to cook.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
No real reason, just that whenever I get invited to one the food always seems over or undercooked. I can cook the largest piece of meat perfectly in a fire pit, but it's an overnight job and campsites never seem to keen on you digging holes so you can bury your dinner to cook.

OK fair enough. Just switched from solid to gas here for our BBQ as many sites now don't allow solid fuel versions:Angry: real shame as we really enjoyed the fire so to speak. Now using a Weber Q120 which has produced 4 roast chickens and 2 legs of lamb in that last few weeks while I experimented with it.

The cooker in the link looks very interesting indeed, let us know if you go ahead with it, very intrigued.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We are with Sedge :thumb: full size oven, separate grill, 3 gas burners and 1 electric plate.We also have a grand Ramoska but no microwave (no use) but plenty of room to fit one if it was wanted :Smile:We also use a steamer :thumb::thumb::thumb: only needs one ring to cook everything be it on gas or leccy :thumb:
You can easy retro fit a oven :thumb:try http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ovens-grills-sinks--accessories-19-c.asp :thumb: I am sure they will have one to fit.:winky:
terry
EDIT forgot to say ours is a self build so it was a easy decision to fit the cooker which has worktop space either side (important to us)SELF BUILD ROOLS OK

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
we have an oven but not used too much but I use my double skillet a lot. Just bought a Halogen oven but realised after that I can only use that on Hook up lol.

We tend to have breakfast in the van, have salad then out for a meal works well for us.

oooo forget to say we have Bar b Q too.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I've committed to buying this and paid a deposit, so I'm not prepared to back out now as it's a private seller who has been good enough to hold it for me until I retire next week. I'm then away travelling about 1,000 miles round Cornwall and Dorset, so if it's still bugging me it may get part exchanged or sold.

I'm not a lover of salad or fried food and a lot of what we eat is cooked in a Le Creuset cast iron casserole which we use all the time. My wife also cooks fish pie to die for, so we'll be in the best place for fish without an oven:cry:

Any help price is on par with a home type oven

But check the size against a cupboard near the hob

Could save the part ex

http://www.jacksons-camping.co.uk/smev/ovens.htm

http://www.caravan-components.co.uk/Caravan-Kitchen-Appliances/Built-In-Caravan-Cookers

Link Removed

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/spinflo-cara-oven-576-p.asp

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
combi oven

we have a combo oven.. that is a microwave and oven as one .. very American but as seen in the UK domestic now ... does everything.. but runs on EHU.

But I use a cobb unit and that bakes bread, roasts a chicken or acts as a frying pan, wok, griddle etc., if you have all the extras they do.. only use outside.. cool to touch but runs of compressed coconut shells. great item... otherwise it is a 4 ring hob.

Bob

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I like me work surface either side of my cooker too (well on the right it's the sink but it's a round one with work surface surrounding it, so no need to drop anything.)

All that in a UK Swift van .....

We've had a combo m/wave at home for utterly yonks Bob. In fact the old un packed up about 3 years ago (it was about 10/12 years old) I use the oven as a straight electric fan oven more than I use the gas cooker now, because what I said before about the Regulo just being unreliable. And it costs nearly as much to replace one of them as buy an entire new stove. Time I visited Comet or the Co-op, methinks! (They don't seem to be available at the Gas Board nowadays, tsssk)

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
No oven only three rings and a microwave, which is somewhere to put spare pans most of the time. Thinking of getting a slow cooker or one of those jackets things, wonder bags, http://nb-wonderbag.com/ that Jim posted about a while ago.:RollEyes:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ours is a LHD German import has a gas oven, grill and 3 rings would never buy a van without an oven as we use it all year round.::bigsmile: buggered if I'm standing outside in all weathers over a bbq or buying a safari room to use it in winter.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back