How many of you are able to keep your motorhomes at home? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ours is kept parked outside on the drive. It does take up a bit of room and needs squeezing past when my van is also parked there. When we go away mum parks her car in the space so driveway still looks used.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I keep mine at home and its both convenient and cheap!
Are people suggesting that those people who don't have Mh's walk to their holiday destinations?
Or are burglars that thick that they can't relate a car being absent to a house being empty,therefore just target motor-homers properties?:Doh:

Vlad

Desp4sun

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Coach built fiat ducato
Exp
We're newbies
We are away but it doesn't mean no one is home, we keep our motorhome on the drive in front of the house it doesn't keep the front room dark cos the tv does that, but it's what's convenient for you . We like it at home it's easier to unpack it at the end of the trip and doing little jobs on it is easier when it's parked at home. We tried parking it else where but it's so inconvenient. I guess it's a matter of personal preference , we will be lookng to downsize in the future but the motorhome will have to be on the drive if we do .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We keep ours on the drive too, but we are moving house on Friday. Our new house has a big driveway, I could have bought a much bigger van!
While we are refurbishing the house ( it's in France) we will be renting a house close to where we are now. It's an old house in the country with no other close neighbours and with plenty of space to park off the road.
That is if we get it, we only saw it Thursday and won't know it's ours till next week.
We might be living in the motorhome next to a 7.5 ton box van with all our belongings in it, if we can find somewhere to park!

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Ours is parked on the road outside, the mrs usually takes up a big space in the car & I carry the spare so when I come home i can move her car & mark Sophie in its place.
I like to park in the laby opposite so we can keep an eye on from the window but occasionally have to park halfway up the estate & wait for a space to become available :Mellow:

I also use it for work & my travel to work on a monday & com home on a friday, everyone has comeneted on it since we got it & have had sever requests asking if its for sale :ROFLMAO:

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
We have room for the MH on our property, but keep it in secure locked compound.
We would prefer to have it at home but it is a give away for us being away.

We have the MH in secure storage and have got into a routine where we go to the MH the day before and pack everything in clothes food books etc leaving the holdalls and bags in the car we leave in our storage spot.

The night before we come home on the ferry we clean the inside of the van. When we get back to storage it's a few minutes to get the holdalls and bags and throw our stuff in.

We can come and go at any time to clean the van and we don't have the problem of neighboours whinging about water cleaning, leaving at early hours, hoover noise or light blocking .

We have a dyson stick cleaner,the storage area has running water for us to clean.

The ideal for me would be to have a garden wide enough at the side for us to get the MH round into the back garden or at the very least behind a fence. I keep looking at smaller houses as we want to downsize, but virtually none of the smaller easier to run modern houses have an area for our 2 cars,MH and daughter's car.
Staging Lady
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back