How many new numbers in just over a week..??? (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is this a record...???????????

Van delivered on trade plates.... with old owners personal plates..... Old owner wanted his personal number...

OK........ No problem..... I did not like the plate as it made the van look 10 years older than it is....

Took plates off........... And put van on SORN... (Being a tight sod was not going to tax it when there is only just over a week to the start of the month..)..

V5 .. (Log book) arrives with the original **17 HBU plate from first registration... "Great"...

Judy had already bought a personal plate...

So we tried to Tax it on-line on the 1st July....... Cannot accept that... only just been put on a SORN 5 days before... :doh:

The only way to tax it is at the post office... :fubar:

So Judy went down this morning and taxed it..... but.... The MOT has the old personal number on and the log book has the original 17 plate number..:RollEyes:

But they still taxed it.... and it is showing as being taxed now...

She came home and went on-line and changed the 17 plate original number to her private plate... and we have proof that it has been done and told to destroy the one they just sent us...

Insurance changed to our plate.... Taxed.... our new plate affixed to van... But we do not have an MOT with corresponding number plate to new log book and insurance and our private plate...

Must phone Confused,com.... cos I am... :crying1:

Don`t you love the DVLA...... :h::inlove::sicker::sicker::sicker::giggler:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I’m sure that the mot gets automatically switched over to the new reg number when you do it online as you don’t actual have to show the mot to anyone now.
Had a few private plates and would swop vehicles every few years without any plate/mot issues.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Thing to do is go online, google search “check mot history”
Fill in the new number, should show an mot in new number, print off if you want a copy, tho as said above, not required to have a physical copy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
old-mo try this
mycar.jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You wont get a new cert with your 17 reg no Mo
You dont actually need one either

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Post offices have done special exemptions in place to get vehicles taxed, lady at post office told Chappie about 6 weeks ago- apparently to keep us moving! Shame I’m still waiting 8 weeks in for LGV provisional however

Sep 23, 2014
weston s mare
Funster No
MH
frankia A class
Exp
Is this a record...???????????

Van delivered on trade plates.... with old owners personal plates..... Old owner wanted his personal number...

OK........ No problem..... I did not like the plate as it made the van look 10 years older than it is....

Took plates off........... And put van on SORN... (Being a tight sod was not going to tax it when there is only just over a week to the start of the month..)..

V5 .. (Log book) arrives with the original **17 HBU plate from first registration... "Great"...

Judy had already bought a personal plate...

So we tried to Tax it on-line on the 1st July....... Cannot accept that... only just been put on a SORN 5 days before... :doh:

The only way to tax it is at the post office... :fubar:

So Judy went down this morning and taxed it..... but.... The MOT has the old personal number on and the log book has the original 17 plate number..:RollEyes:

But they still taxed it.... and it is showing as being taxed now...

She came home and went on-line and changed the 17 plate original number to her private plate... and we have proof that it has been done and told to destroy the one they just sent us...

Insurance changed to our plate.... Taxed.... our new plate affixed to van... But we do not have an MOT with corresponding number plate to new log book and insurance and our private plate...

Must phone Confused,com.... cos I am... :crying1:

Don`t you love the DVLA...... :h::inlove::sicker::sicker::sicker::giggler:
For 40quid just get a new mot on your plates

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
If you bgo online band check tax and not status you can get a new certificate to print out with the new reg number, I did this when we sold our car and took the private plate off it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back