How many Funsters wash their Moho's on sites? (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I wash the windscreen and front of the van when away for more than a week or so.
The flies and bugs are so much harder to remove if baked on for a few weeks.
I also find that it's a good way to get conversations started, even if it's only the inevitable 'you can come and do mine next'

We carry an aluminium step ladder with us. It's one of those things that has been invaluable on a few occasions.
It's only 3.6kg and fits nicely in the garage. Broken Link Removed

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Yes, I wash it when on a site. - Certainly makes the dog walkers suck their teeth when passing and curtain twitchers on CC / C&MC sites.
Having said that, CC/C&MC dropped a big one in last month's membership mag with their article on cleaning your unit - it clearly says in print, take the opportunity to clean your van on site.
I emailed them for clarification and got a reply which didn't answer any questions!
For me, keeping our motorhome in storage, it's always in need of a wash and unfortunately, there's no outside tap at our storage facility.
Plus, I can't park it up outside home so any opportunity to wash it, I do it.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
LADDERS, :Eeek: you carry ladders, must have a BIG rig.

I carry a ladder in my 7m A....
I wasn't leaving em for the ex after I just purched espec for Moho..

These are in the "garage" along with cycle and all other manner of "full timer" ... Stuff.. (y) and have washed moho in all sorts of places :D2 but never on CC or CCC site...

5 Rung Little Giant 'Revolution XE
IMG_3552.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I carry a ladder in my 7m A....
I wasn't leaving em for the ex after I just purched espec for Moho..

These are in the "garage" along with cycle and all other manner of "full timer" ... Stuff.. (y) and have washed moho in all sorts of places :D2 but never on CC or CCC site...

5 Rung Little Giant 'Revolution XE
View attachment 155983
Yes God's £200+
Try again these are what I have https
://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DVD7U3M/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1491309415&sr=8-10&pi=SL75&keywords=ladder+telescopic

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My mate not only cleans his daily & carries all & everything to do it including ladders/steps but whilst on route & stops will debug ,clean glass backs of mirrors etc.
First words out of his mouth after we arrive at his place is "do you want the hose to wash it ".

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Windscreen, mirrors, lights and bird crap. May clean the windows if they are really dirty. I did once spend a couple of hours removing scratches from my nearside windows after a brush with a hawthorn hedge.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have several motorhoming mates who wipe down their vans every morning when the dew/rain has been about.
JJ :cool:
Makes me cringe when I see folk doing this, they never understand the damage they are inflicting on their vans. Just as bad the ones cleaning their vans with a cup of water.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I find washing and cleaning vehicles/boats quite relaxing (lucky really!). There are many times when parked up on a site I look at our Motorhome and think it is filthy and would really love to clean it, but to be honest, I would rather that it looked filthy than risk causing long term damage to the paintwork. :)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
If I'm not doing anything and there's a riski of getting a list of jobs from the wife, I'll use the excuse "I need clean the van" :D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am an addicted cleaner/polisher, I don't wash on a site I use a detailer spray, I know the purist detailers wouldn't/don't approve but it suits me, OK if it's gritty I might resist temptation to touch it until I get home and get the jet wash out to blow the muck off.

And I have small steps and a ladders:LOL:

Martin

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'd wash mine ANYWHERE if I had access to a ladder and water ... not allowed to do it at storage and getting desperate. :(

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I'd wash mine ANYWHERE if I had access to a ladder and water ... not allowed to do it at storage and getting desperate. :(
I've only got time for one of them, which is it to be ? :devil:

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
No one has mentioned standing on the roof yet to wash the moho. I've yet to see that on a site.

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
If the van is very dirty I will give it a very quick wash (no hoses), but will ask the wardens first if it is ok. I think the penalty at some sites for doing this may be execution. I hate it when the van is dirty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back