Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How many Funsters are able to have a brilliant time... enjoy a wonderful night out... experience a totally excellent weekend...

WITHOUT...

Copious quantities of BOOZE?

From glancing over many, many posts on Fun, it appears to me that BOOZE plays a huge role in many Funsters having fun.

Booze kills brain cells you know, AND leads to an awful lot of boring bollox being spouted... :whistle:

Just wondering.

JJ :cool:

PS. Of course I only drink cool milk or orange juice... never Super Bock or Sagres.

PPS. I ALWAYS have a splendid time without the need to addle my brain... why only this morning I reached level 162 on Bubble Shoot. (y)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I normally dont have a choice when we go out, as TinaL does not like night driving, so I have to do without alcohol, and watch everyone else have a great time! :(
Then some obviously uncaring B####ard will say, Les its your round mate, get em in!:devil:
I am too tight to get a taxi, so I guess some might say I deserve it !
Les

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Neither of us has 'given up' alcohol - but we so rarely partake these days none of the manufacturers will ever get rich via us. It's never been regarded as 'necessary' for either of us to enjoy ourselves though we can both enjoy alcohol when we fancy it. It's hilarious when the NHS ask the now standard Q how many units of it a week do you drink - half a dozen a year is an overstatement most years! LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I did dry January 1st. What's wrong with that?
download_1.jpg

Reactions: emo
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The only definition I know of drinking too much is “drinking more than your Doctor”.

And that seems to give a lot of leeway.

Yes, we do have the odd glass of wine but try to keep consumption levels under control. We can enjoy life with, or without, booze. Perhaps it’s a no coincidence that the village of Boozeron is near us in France.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Lady Funsters ?................

prohibition-31-1024x640.jpg

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I just go by the what the statistics say. They say five a day so I have five a day. (y)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Only have a few beers, have tried wine a few times red and white but it all tastes the same to me.

Few years back 8 of us went on a lads weekend and stayed in our mates Marbella villa, went to a nice restaurant and someone ordered a £150 bottle of wine, they were all saying how good it was so I had some, tasted the same as the cheap cats p stuff to me.
I suppose it’s an acquired taste that I don’t have.
I can taste the difference though between nice Belgium/German beer and the American p#ss....

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Can take it or leave it, but I do enjoy it, never have an alcoholic drink if I am going to drive, know some think one is ok, but not for me. I usually opt to be the designated driver, apart from anything else it is great people watching those who overdo it.
Do not believe any rumours about my gin consumption, it is always very well toniced down.
Favourite wine is Amerone, not touched the one we were going to celebrate our brithdays with yet.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Me

I've carried 4 bottles of red wine , 6 cans of cider and a four pack of beer all the way from Scotland and so far only had 2 beers lol.
Although the bottles rattling is starting to get to me so I may have to drink them for that reason alone. Generally I'm not a big drinker

Problem is if I open a bottle I'll never drink a whole bottle of wine in one evening alone and not the easiest to transport open.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Me

I've carried 4 bottles of red wine , 6 cans of cider and a four pack of beer all the way from Scotland and so far only had 2 beers lol.
Although the bottles rattling is starting to get to me so I may have to drink them for that reason alone. Generally I'm not a big drinker
Fortunately it's easier to hold the can when you're driving rather than a bottle
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
What is the point of making wine if you don't drink it?????????????
I do TRY not to drink too much at one time------- it is supposed to be bad for my arthritis!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Me. I don't particularly care about alcohol and certainly talk more bollocks than anybody else on here..o_O

I have bottles of wine in my cupboards that are years and years old and don't want to take them on rallies in case I make anybody poorly ... does wine last forever?

If I have toothache though, I can get totally drunk on Bailleys or Toffee Vodka .. purely medicinal. :) :D

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I only drink Jasmin tea.

:pinocchio:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
The trouble is, because of the Controlled Drugs, that Management has to take, it precludes her drinking, unless she wants to die. So I feel that it is not fair to drink in front of her, unless we are in a large group then I will have a beer or a glass of wine. Other than that, the stuff never crosses my lips.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
To quote Lily Bollinger:

I drink Champagne* when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it -- unless I'm thirsty.

Seems fair enough to me.
Quite simply - I enjoy the taste of wine, beer & some spirits... why should I deprive myself of such life pleasures?

*insert your choice of the wicked demon drink

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I don`t mind a drink not fussed about what, whether it`s a G&T or red wine or a beer.
Moderately though. If I drive I don`t drink at all. Sylv normally drinks if we go out :drink::drink::wine::wine::cheers::cheers:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
To be honest neither Sheree or myself care whether we have a drink or not, we can go a month or more without booze then at other times pull the cork from a bottle of scotch and throw it away as "we'll no be needing that no-more" :)

awwwwww and you both have lovely smiles on your faces all the time. (I'm being serious ) .... :)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I’m very nearly tea total if there is a chance I may drive I will not drink
The day before or on the day

Had an accident before chrimble no car for a fortnight
I drunk one bottle of beer .

Son gave me a chrimble present of 4 bottles of beer
That will last me a year or so .

I don’t dislike drink.
I used to have it every day / night till I was letting it win
stopped just before getting hooked

((I do get annoyed with drunks in hospital causing us poor old bed blockers a lack of beds))

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I like a glass or two of red wine now and then ,when having a good meal , be it at home or with friends in a restaurant. I also like licors such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau , I also like dry stuff and enjoyed different brand of whiskey when in Scotland , BUT never got drunk in my whole like, not even a bit. I can feel my head spinning a bit but I'm quite reactive to alcohol!! My head can spin after only half a glass of wine!
I usually go away after a while when someone next to me is drunk, not judging... just feeling uncomfortable! Who knows what they could tell me.

PS: I know why JJ never drinks ... he's afraid to get drunk and then tell everyone where his treasure chest is buried!:sneaky::LOL::cool:

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Me

Problem is if I open a bottle I'll never drink a whole bottle of wine in one evening alone and not the easiest to transport open.
Less rattling with 3 or 5 litre boxes of wine and more economical too :)(y)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
How many Funsters are able to have a brilliant time... enjoy a wonderful night out... experience a totally excellent weekend...

WITHOUT...

Copious quantities of BOOZE?

From glancing over many, many posts on Fun, it appears to me that BOOZE plays a huge role in many Funsters having fun.

Booze kills brain cells you know, AND leads to an awful lot of boring bollox being spouted... :whistle:

Just wondering.

JJ :cool:

PS. Of course I only drink cool milk or orange juice... never Super Bock or Sagres.

PPS. I ALWAYS have a splendid time without the need to addle my brain... why only this morning I reached level 162 on Bubble Shoot. (y)

I can - and yes I think many Funsters are obsessed with drinking and talking about it - this one isn’t and doesn’t! :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back