How long without a shower (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
So hopefully next year me and my wife are going away for up to 4 month in the M/H and a lot will be living in the M/H no sites so we are away for a few weeks so I decided to see how long I could go with out having a shower after 4 days my wife told me if you don’t shower today your getting a divorce. So it looks like 3 days max. Change days to when I was a teenager living in a caravan I could go 4 weeks without a shower and 6 weeks before I change my pants.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
So if you go four weeks without shower, that then doubles the amount of water available.

Worth think about.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
So hopefully next year me and my wife are going away for up to 4 month in the M/H and a lot will be living in the M/H no sites so we are away for a few weeks so I decided to see how long I could go with out having a shower after 4 days my wife told me if you don’t shower today your getting a divorce. So it looks like 3 days max. Change days to when I was a teenager living in a caravan I could go 4 weeks without a shower and 6 weeks before I change my pants.
Did you only change your pants after you fell down a staircase and broke them? (y) :giggle: If you adopted that practice with the bedding, there's a risk that you could slit your throat ... :LOL:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Stick it out until the divorce. Sounds like an easy escape 😂
For those of us of a certain age, even with quickie divorces, complying with your first sentence would require divorce proceedings to take no longer than 13 seconds ... :giggle:

Steve

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You don't really need that much water to have a shower ,just don't leave it running constantly. Wet,water off,lather all over ,wash hair, rinse off. You can always put a bowl in the shower as well and wash your smalls at the same time. (y)
Just bear in mind that water is easy to obtain.its disposal is the main issue most times,especially the cassette,so you may need to use a site sometimes.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
6 weeks…..when I was in the army.;)

Strip washes was the best I could hope for……when returning home my wife would run a bath and I’d get in fully clothed……only way I could get my kit off. :ROFLMAO:
My

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We normally like a shower every morning but coming down through France a couple of weeks ago we found most of the Bourns out of order or water turned off. I think they were turned off last year because of Covid to discourage people.

Anyway having a shower every other day makes a tank of water last us a week.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We normally like a shower every morning but coming down through France a couple of weeks ago we found most of the Bourns out of order or water turned off. I think they were turned off last year because of Covid to discourage people.

Anyway having a shower every other day makes a tank of water last us a week.

Currently the only people on this Municipal Site, staying for two nights prior to getting the ferry home on Sunday..…….. https://www.camping-malicorne.fr/

Full facilities all to ourselves…….€16 a night. (y)

Showering morning and evening. ;)

Apr 18, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD590
Exp
Long time caravanner - almost 2 years a motorhomer
6 weeks…..when I was in the army.;)

Strip washes was the best I could hope for……when returning home my wife would run a bath and I’d get in fully clothed……only way I could get my kit off. :ROFLMAO:
Why they call squaddies pongos in other branches...

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm clearly missing something here - whats up with the shower in your Motorhome?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When we hired a narrow boat we asked an older couple on another boat were we could fill the water tank. The lady said they kept a stock of wet wipes to make the water last longer. How you wash you’re hair with wet wipes has me baffled.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

I used to use the principle when I toured Europe on my motorbike, 'if you threw your pants against a wall and they didn't stick' wear them again 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back