dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
have a 2010 citroen relay van, 2.2 diesel with the ford engine..
just wondering how long it takes to replace the windscreen washer motor, the garage say a couple of hours which seems just a tad long to me for a simple item?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Its a simple item located at the bottom of the windscreen washer reservoir which is located behind the offside headlight. I'd have thought half an hour should see it through....................unless its an A class in which case it could take a day or two:confused::confused:

D.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
thank you for your replies, much appreciated.. :)
would seem that the garage are doing their usual trick then of ripping off what they perceive as an ignorant female..

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Always try and take a man with you but now you have an idea of price I would go elsewhere and say how much to have this done, I know it onlyvtakes ex amount of time. Let the garage think you know what your talking about, and with the above posts you kind of do anyway.

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
i will always ask, listen and take heed of a mans knowledge on things that i have no idea of, i know what you mean when you say take a man with me irnbru, but i like to check facts and gut instinct before i get there so i can argue my corner for myself.. :)

the van went in for mot, failed on the pump and a tyre, asked about the pump and cost and was told it was a quick job, no probs, so gave them the go ahead to do the job while it was there, but was surprised to see the bill..
the van is now at home, i haven't yet paid the invoice, i will be negotiating a fair and honest price, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they've probably made a mistake in time taken and will hold their hands up to it.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I once had a garage try to charge me extra than quoted. They claimed it took them longer than they quoted for.

I always try and get a quote in writing before any work commences. Maybe you could get a few quotes in writing and take them with you to show how much the difference is.
Good luck with it.

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
yes i do too, but in this one instance i didn't as i explained above, lesson learnt..
always thought a quote was a fixed figure by the way, unlike an estimate or guestimate..

am thinking it's more than likely down to a mistake by the new chap in the office and a lazy mechanic who's added in his lunch hour, i think they need to be sorted out by a feisty but fair female, now i wonder who that might be..
<<<<<<< look left.. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back