how long does hot water stay warm (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we came off hook up at 11:30 today, now 18:30, Bev fancies a shower before we pop out for a meal at a nice looking mediteranean food restaurant in Dumfries

anyway I drift off topic, as ever, Bev asks will the water still be warm, before I could suggest 'try the hot tap' she is naked and in the shower

Well I now know it does not last for 7 hours, not really sure that asking me to turn it on mid shower is going to make enough difference, but I have done my bit, still don't know exactly how 'not warm' is was but the yelps implied pretty cold

I will be shaving in cold water again I reckon, it might even be warm for me in 10 mins :whistle:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Oh dear, i think it depends if youhave run the hot water in between has the cold can mix up with the hot, and bring the temp down.
By the way im in edinburgh hospital with a raging infections, going to miss the tattoo, but must say that the service i have received has been great.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh dear, i think it depends if youhave run the hot water in between has the cold can mix up with the hot, and bring the temp down.

I agree and blame Bev for doing too much washing up before we left :laughing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Small quantity....6 or 10 ltrs......in a far from thermally efficient insulated container.........

7 hrs, yer 'avin a larf mate.

I would say too cool for a shower after 2 to 3 hours at most.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lovely warm shave just been had, probably wasn't the best of conversation starter when I came out though

Could be a quiet meal out :swear2: :doh:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
By the way im in edinburgh hospital with a raging infections, going to miss the tattoo, but must say that the service i have received has been great.

Oh no! Hope you are much better soon. Are you in the RIE? I've been there a few times and they are very good.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Lovely warm shave just been had, probably wasn't the best of conversation starter when I came out though

Could be a quiet meal out :swear2: :doh:
You can always boil the kettle up to have a shave. (y) Anyway, stop being so tight! Turn the gas on!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I wondered what the loads screams where earlier tonight, hope you had a nice meal out I assume it was at the pizzeria le flume in the park. Nice resturand and owned by Stillian Petrov formerly of Celtic and Aston Villa.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Women can, I find, be like that.
My wife screamed when she fell into the canal........It took me ages, in slow motion, to get her out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'm always surprised how long the water stays hot after heating it up for a good spell - quite often still warm for washing up after being off all day...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It was turned on before she screamed how cold it was, not my fault she wouldn't wait (y)
I never thought of you as being stupid David :LOL: of course it's your fault :doh:BTW my boiler gets turned off around 10pm and is luke warm next morning but deffo not hot enough to think about a shower :D
terry

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Get WELL SOON,Regards AlfandM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back