how long does hot water stay warm

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we came off hook up at 11:30 today, now 18:30, Bev fancies a shower before we pop out for a meal at a nice looking mediteranean food restaurant in Dumfries

anyway I drift off topic, as ever, Bev asks will the water still be warm, before I could suggest 'try the hot tap' she is naked and in the shower

Well I now know it does not last for 7 hours, not really sure that asking me to turn it on mid shower is going to make enough difference, but I have done my bit, still don't know exactly how 'not warm' is was but the yelps implied pretty cold

I will be shaving in cold water again I reckon, it might even be warm for me in 10 mins :whistle:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Oh dear, i think it depends if youhave run the hot water in between has the cold can mix up with the hot, and bring the temp down.
By the way im in edinburgh hospital with a raging infections, going to miss the tattoo, but must say that the service i have received has been great.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
YO11 2BD
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
Small quantity....6 or 10 ltrs......in a far from thermally efficient insulated container.........

7 hrs, yer 'avin a larf mate.

I would say too cool for a shower after 2 to 3 hours at most.

OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lovely warm shave just been had, probably wasn't the best of conversation starter when I came out though

Could be a quiet meal out :swear2: :doh:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
MH
SunLiving Lido M45SP
Exp
On and off for many years.
By the way im in edinburgh hospital with a raging infections, going to miss the tattoo, but must say that the service i have received has been great.
Oh no! Hope you are much better soon. Are you in the RIE? I've been there a few times and they are very good.

Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
MH
PVC Possl Roadcruiser
Exp
I wondered what the loads screams where earlier tonight, hope you had a nice meal out I assume it was at the pizzeria le flume in the park. Nice resturand and owned by Stillian Petrov formerly of Celtic and Aston Villa.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Women can, I find, be like that.
My wife screamed when she fell into the canal........It took me ages, in slow motion, to get her out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2008
I'm always surprised how long the water stays hot after heating it up for a good spell - quite often still warm for washing up after being off all day...

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services