How long did you stand outside the shower block😂 (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just love this forum. Good to see people have a sense of humour.
Anyway, when we did Australia in Dec-Jan we stayed on 17 sites. All 17 had power to the site, 16 of the 17 had water on the pitch direct feed from tap to van, walla no water issues.
We did however use the blocks for #2s (sorry)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This is only the second place weve stayed at in France this trip where the bogs and showers are open. We dont use them anyway, and didnt even before Covid19. I can get out of bed and straight into the shower. Why would I ever want to have to dress reasonably decently and trudge across to a block of dubious hygiene and possibly have to queue. I have had a couple of trailer caravans in my time and even they had decent shower cubicles. Toilet blocks should be left for the tent campers who need them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
This is only the second place weve stayed at in France this trip where the bogs and showers are open. We dont use them anyway, and didnt even before Covid19. I can get out of bed and straight into the shower. Why would I ever want to have to dress reasonably decently and trudge across to a block of dubious hygiene and possibly have to queue. I have had a couple of trailer caravans in my time and even they had decent shower cubicles. Toilet blocks should be left for the tent campers who need them.
Caravan and Motorhome Club don’t take tents.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
At the CMC site at Looe it was well thought out. Only 4 at a time allowed in the facilities block. They had a pot of steriliser with 4 wrist bands in and you pick up one when you enter and drop it back when you leave, no bands no entry. All well and good until you get the folk who arrive on site and immediately go and take a band to keep so that they can go whenever they want, leaving only 3 for everyone else. Why are people so selfish. The wardens were doing their best, changing colours of the bands overnight etc.

I have never used the shower in my van, it’s too small and we always use campsites... strange to some, I know😀
There are some real arso's around. love to see someone do that.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We stayed at Hillcroft park pooley bridge. Same sort of system put your card in a holder outside,when full dont go in until someone comes out.
Wife took dog for early morning leak and caught two woman putting their cards in the holder to secure a shower later this was 0530 abit like Germans and sunbeds. Out of order.
Should have taken the cards and given them to the warden.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Yes they do some of their sites have tent areas.
Well then why do they waste money building toilet facilities on the others. No point in having Caravan and Motorhome Club sites according to this line of thought! Imagine if we all decided to go and park on waste ground or beauty spots on a whim and then had to get rid of all that waste water etc and queue up at garages etc to fill up with fresh water how popular we would all be!

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Well then why do they waste money building toilet facilities on the others.

A lot of smaller caravans and campervans don't have showers or toilets. Our first campervan didn't so we only used sites that had facilities.

Now we've got our own on board facilities we rarely use any on campsites, and more often than not stay at sites without facilities.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
A lot of smaller caravans and campervans don't have showers or toilets. Our first campervan didn't so we only used sites that had facilities.

Now we've got our own on board facilities we rarely use any on campsites, and more often than not stay at sites without facilities.
Excellent. The main point it is your choice and no one criticises that choice as they should respect those who choose to take advantage of facilities on offer and are prepared to pay for that choice without being made to feel as if they are somehow “inferior” for not being “true” Motorhomers!

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Excellent. The main point it is your choice and no one criticises that choice as they should respect those who choose to take advantage of facilities on offer and are prepared to pay for that choice without being made to feel as if they are somehow “inferior” for not being “true” Motorhomers!

If I was on site in my old van I preferred to use site showers, probably just sheer laziness of not wanting to keep the small grey waste tank empty. A bit more space too.

Current van I will always use the vans shower.

Each to their own is my motto.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Ah, I misunderstood the meaning of your last post that I responded to.
Yes, definitely each to their own way of doing stuff.
First van, no facilities onboard, so used site.
Second van, facilities on board, but shower a right faff to use, so would generally use site facilities.
Current van, onboard facilities that are easy to use, so we generally do. Though if the sites shower block is particularly nice and clean and no queues then I find it nice to have a proper shower without all the on/off faff of the tap to save the onboard water.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
At the CMC site at Looe it was well thought out. Only 4 at a time allowed in the facilities block. They had a pot of steriliser with 4 wrist bands in and you pick up one when you enter and drop it back when you leave, no bands no entry. All well and good until you get the folk who arrive on site and immediately go and take a band to keep so that they can go whenever they want, leaving only 3 for everyone else. Why are people so selfish. The wardens were doing their best, changing colours of the bands overnight etc.

I have never used the shower in my van, it’s too small and we always use campsites... strange to some, I know😀
Was at Looe site last week myself went to the block house (keep it clean at the back there!) Saw 4 bands in the pot grabbed one and went to walk in and some Pr1ck comes blundering out of the door, so the system does have its faults but better than nothing!!

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
I know that certain Caravan Club & Motorhome sites take tents as part of their licence from the Local Authorities (Brighton) but they are the exception.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The shower in the van cost me a bloody fortune.
I’m getting the most use out of it as I can.
This is the thing that I don't understand, ok if you want to use toilets on sites that's fine, but if you intend doing that why buy a van with them in, just a waste of space and money, you could manage with a smaller van less cost and running costs, easier manoeuvrability and everything else.
I always understood that gypsys never have toilets in their vans so there must be such vans about, just seems a waste to me.
For me they are the first thing I would want and the van we have now was built around the toilet and shower, everything else could compromise but no way would I be in any campsite toilets.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
This is the thing that I don't understand, ok if you want to use toilets on sites that's fine, but if you intend doing that why buy a van with them in, just a waste of space and money, you could manage with a smaller van less cost and running costs, easier manoeuvrability and everything else.
I always understood that gypsys never have toilets in their vans so there must be such vans about, just seems a waste to me.
For me they are the first thing I would want and the van we have now was built around the toilet and shower, everything else could compromise but no way would I be in any campsite toilets.
It’s called having choice and options!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We stayed at Hillcroft park pooley bridge. Same sort of system put your card in a holder outside,when full dont go in until someone comes out.
Wife took dog for early morning leak and caught two woman putting their cards in the holder to secure a shower later this was 0530 abit like Germans and sunbeds. Out of order.
Did your wife go back and pinch the cards :nod: !
I'd have taken them and handed them into the office when it opened as obviously the 'owners' had forgotten them when leaving the shower block ... it would be an obvious thing to 'think' had happened and scupper the selfish plan! :giggle:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

This reminds me of when I was thinking of buying our first motorhome and I asked an "old hand" what the difference was between a campervan and a motorhome. His answer was that you can't s**t in a campervan. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back