How long did you stand outside the shower blockšŸ˜‚ (2 Viewers)

HalfFullorHalfEmpty

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We used the onsite shower blocks for several years after we first bought our van. It's a PVC with a tiny WC that has a crappy tip up sink. So if I want a shower, I have to contort myself into an even smaller space so as not to smack myself on the sink, as it has to stay opened, because otherwise, I can't shut the water off (the tap knobs would be hidden away) while soaping/shampooing to conserve water. It's next to impossible to bend down all the way, so small is the space. And I am an average-sized lass - neither very tall or wide.

Our waste water tank is also on the small side, so being the lazy bastards we are, we prefer not to have to empty it constantly.

Several years ago, we began using CLs far more, not just because they're cheaper than club sites, but also because we found we enjoy them a lot more. Many don't have facilities beyond water and black waste disposal, so we use our van to its full capabilities.

During 'these interesting times' I have finally used the shower more than I used to, though, as I don't feel comfortable using site facilities at all at the moment, even when available. I have to psyche myself up for it, though because the experience isn't pleasant at all. I wish we could change vans so I wouldn't feel like a circus contortionist in the loo, but that's not possible at the moment. So I will make do until I can get my hands on a van where the purchase price includes something close to a pampering session.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back