How long did you stand outside the shower block😂 (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Have just returned from 3 nights on a Caravan Club Site. I must say I was pretty impressed with the efforts the Club has put into the distancing measures on site. However we did experience some very amusing moments! For anyone who has not yet ventured to a CC site, you are issued with a coloured and numbered rubber band which you hang on a hook outside of the facilities block before entering (sanitizer also provided) ensuring that no more than 4 people are inside at any one time. Markings outside for queuing. All excellent until people forget to take their bands when they leave which results with a queue forming outside (7.30 am?!) and no one actually being inside😂😂😂. This happened to me once on the second occasion a queue was getting impatient so I opened the door and shouted out asking if anyone was in to which there was a loud chorus of YES but it did result in 5!!! emerging very quickly and then complained that they hadn’t got the right wristbands on the pegs. All very amusing but all 5 were using the showers and no one else could use the toilets etc until they came out. Expect this method to fail during school holidays.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Have just returned from 3 nights on a Caravan Club Site. I must say I was pretty impressed with the efforts the Club has put into the distancing measures on site. However we did experience some very amusing moments! For anyone who has not yet ventured to a CC site, you are issued with a coloured and numbered rubber band which you hang on a hook outside of the facilities block before entering (sanitizer also provided) ensuring that no more than 4 people are inside at any one time. Markings outside for queuing. All excellent until people forget to take their bands when they leave which results with a queue forming outside (7.30 am?!) and no one actually being inside😂😂😂. This happened to me once on the second occasion a queue was getting impatient so I opened the door and shouted out asking if anyone was in to which there was a loud chorus of YES but it did result in 5!!! emerging very quickly and then complained that they hadn’t got the right wristbands on the pegs. All very amusing but all 5 were using the showers and no one else could use the toilets etc until they came out. Expect this method to fail during school holidays.
Good reason for using your own van’s facilities!

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Stopped at the Woverley CCC site, very clean and organised. Every other toilet, shower, sink blocked off. Never had to queue. No rubber band system.
Thats interesting, thought it applied to all CC sites.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We stayed at Hillcroft park pooley bridge. Same sort of system put your card in a holder outside,when full dont go in until someone comes out.
Wife took dog for early morning leak and caught two woman putting their cards in the holder to secure a shower later this was 0530 abit like Germans and sunbeds. Out of order.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Always use our own facilities. That’s why they are there.

We appreciate that not everyone feels the same but it is by using our on-board facilities that we are free to use Aires etc when travelling.

CV-19 has simply reinforced our preference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Why would anyone ever not?
Talking about masks and stuff when going to a restaurant or shop in other threads and yet quite happy to go into toilets that scores go in every day :doh: :unsure::unsure::unsure:
I agree entirely. .

What I really cannot understand is why anybody with a motorhome or caravan would want to use a shower or toilet used by anybody else they do not know only a few minutes before, given that the virus can remain viable on surfaces for up to 72 hours.

What is wrong with using the facilities you paid for when you first bought your motorhome? A bit cramped maybe but not as cramped as a coffin as far as I am concerned.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In my case its laziness, easier to use their facilities, less water to load and empty. I am also mean so don't like to waste green/blue fluid. Do not get me started on the price of toilet paper.
Why would you carry water, my van has wheels & an engine. :LOL:
Don't need chemicals in the loo if you fit a SOG.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
5 of us n a MCC site next week, think I'll be emptying the casette more than once a day, those vegans never suffer from constipation :LOL:
They will be using it more than you, let them do it.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We stayed at Hillcroft park pooley bridge. Same sort of system put your card in a holder outside,when full dont go in until someone comes out.
Wife took dog for early morning leak and caught two woman putting their cards in the holder to secure a shower later this was 0530 abit like Germans and sunbeds. Out of order.

Did your wife go back and pinch the cards :nod: !

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
What is wrong with using the facilities you paid for when you first bought your motorhome? A bit cramped maybe but not as cramped as a coffin as far as I am concerned.
depends if the coffin is made to measure :rofl:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
They will be using it more than you, let them do it.
No way at 13 and 15 dread to think of the potential mess at the disposal point, they will use the loos as often as they can. Will be a novelty for them pooing in the van loo.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
5 of us n a MCC site next week, think I'll be emptying the casette more than once a day, those vegans never suffer from constipation :LOL:
Dont vegans insist on only using only composting toilets, & dock Leaves instead of paper?...Tut Tut if they dont:giggle:
Similar Vein:
Had a looksee today in Sainsburys at washing up liquid, Fairy £1.50, Ecover vegan friendly, organic, save the planet stuff £2.75 :eek: Guess what I bought?
Sainsburys own lemon stuff 85P(y)
LES

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
At the CMC site at Looe it was well thought out. Only 4 at a time allowed in the facilities block. They had a pot of steriliser with 4 wrist bands in and you pick up one when you enter and drop it back when you leave, no bands no entry. All well and good until you get the folk who arrive on site and immediately go and take a band to keep so that they can go whenever they want, leaving only 3 for everyone else. Why are people so selfish. The wardens were doing their best, changing colours of the bands overnight etc.

I have never used the shower in my van, it’s too small and we always use campsites... strange to some, I know😀

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Dont vegans insist on only using only composting toilets, & dock Leaves instead of paper?...Tut Tut if they don't
none that I am aware of and I know quite a few, at least they don't do the bizz and leave it behind a tree for someone to tread in. They don't chuc papers away either
Perfect age for training them. :rofl:
Not worth the hassle for 1 week a year, anyway gets me away from the constant Graaaan, for a few minutes, you meet some right characters waiting to empty your loo too, might miss that ;)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Invoked a new rule over last weekends 4 day session. He who uses the shower shall fetch 2 watering cans of water afterwards ;)

Trouble is all our team have long hair and apparently you need lots of water to rinse the shampoo out of it:unsure: me not having hair just can't comprendre such a thing:LOL: still the shower timer works pretty well.

PS: why do i insist on always parking as far away from a stand pipe as possible.....

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Dont vegans insist on only using only composting toilets, & dock Leaves instead of paper?...Tut Tut if they dont:giggle:
Similar Vein:
Had a looksee today in Sainsburys at washing up liquid, Fairy £1.50, Ecover vegan friendly, organic, save the planet stuff £2.75 :eek: Guess what I bought?
Sainsburys own lemon stuff 85P(y)
LES

Greedy Sainsbugs taking advantage of the pandemic! They used to stock a Basics washing up liquid for 50p.

Now I have to buy their overpriced lemon scented stuff, like you did.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
At the CMC site at Looe it was well thought out. Only 4 at a time allowed in the facilities block. They had a pot of steriliser with 4 wrist bands in and you pick up one when you enter and drop it back when you leave, no bands no entry. All well and good until you get the folk who arrive on site and immediately go and take a band to keep so that they can go whenever they want, leaving only 3 for everyone else. Why are people so selfish. The wardens were doing their best, changing colours of the bands overnight etc.

I have never used the shower in my van, it’s too small and we always use campsites... strange to some, I know😀
It’s that attitude that led to the shortage of toilet paper at the start of lockdown.;)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We’re at Wolverley CCC Site atm - very busy, few pitches available, but facilities block not.........so I guess most are using their own.
(y)

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
The two CMC sites that we have used have been well organised. But yes some buffoons do forget their bands.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have just returned from a C&MC site.

We had no complaints regarding the CV precautions. Site staff were great, very pleasant and informative. We were also delighted ghted with the reduction in VAT since we booked. A saving of almost £14 is always nice to receive.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back