how long before 'you need to get away in the moho' ??? (1 Viewer)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
ok, so we not been away now for erm,..............2 weeks, so 2nd weekend at home, having had the day from hell i just feel i need to get away for a long weekend again, seems i can manage two weeks then i get moody and need to 'get away' for a bit. :eek:

anyone else get this?

never happened when we had the tent mind.........o_O

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Likewise, I too get moody if I haven’t been away for a couple of weeks!

I like to get away as often as work and family commitments will permit but also find it helps greatly if I’ve planned a few trips to look forward to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
we have our 'planned trips' and work does get in the way of 'random get aways' just seem extra moody at the moment..........male pmt????

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
not been away for 4 months now.
just go down to storage ,start her up and wait for my blood pressure to drop, so i can go for a drive.
tested today and was 181/89. just a little bit to go.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Two weekends up to now 3rd weekend at home next weekend
That's the longest we've not been away in 18 months
Next trip 16th March to pick the new mh up and head off to Southport for the weekend
Can't wait

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
ok, so we not been away now for erm,..............2 weeks, so 2nd weekend at home, having had the day from hell i just feel i need to get away for a long weekend again, seems i can manage two weeks then i get moody and need to 'get away' for a bit. :eek:

anyone else get this?

never happened when we had the tent mind.........o_O

We haven't had a MoHo since the end of September 2017 and we are now getting desperate. Just another two weeks to wait for new MoHo. We normally try to get away every second weekend or more if we can, but life and work sometimes get in the way. When that happens, we get real itch feet. (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We try to get off somewhere every other weekend.
For e.g We were at Hawes weekend before last, West Stockwith this weekend gone , we’re at home next weekend . Then it’s Amsterdam on a P&O mini break the weekend after, home the following weekend , then a Thursday/Monday long weekend at Pateley Bridge for Easter.
We throw in around 4 or 5 funsters meets throughout the year , but the rest of our weekends away are just us. We don’t do the shows , never have.

Last edited:

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Left to me, we would be away most weekends but SWMBO isn’t so keen :( She won’t normally go away in the winter. I am trying for at least one local weekend each month. Making a bit of progress : I have just booked the weekend after next, which will be our third weekend away in 5 months.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Those on here who own RD 350's are not allowed out during the recent snow due to the amount of salt placed on the roads.
We need to conserve these early bikes so the young people can enjoy the history.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Meant nobblies, bl**dy predictive spelling!

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We like to get away about every other weekend. Last time away was at Sumner Ponds near Horsham on 9 February so it’s been three weeks since been out.
We haven’t got anything planned until 27 March when we are going on a cruise for two week to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary which is on 3 April. Time is whizzing by. After Easter we have planned most weekends away until July when we will be going through the tunnel for three and half weeks to wherever we fancy. You are right I also have withdrawal symptoms and when we are away I really don’t want to come home.

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
Passed as fit to drive again at my post cataract operation appt today......whoopee! Ready to plan trips now. I was too scared to tempt fate so had not made any definite plans. I would recommend Moorfields by the way,brilliant care.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
been a carer since mid dec but mrs pagey is doing well now and we are going away next weekend only local but better than being at home
We are the same. Off to Kelling Heath near Cromer, 12 miles away middle of March. It's good for us carers to have a change, we're still doing our bit but a change is good and Sue enjoys the break. It's been a long haul since our last trip away. Happy holidays and have a restful time.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Left to me, we would be away most weekends but SWMBO isn’t so keen :( She won’t normally go away in the winter. I am trying for at least one local weekend each month. Making a bit of progress : I have just booked the weekend after next, which will be our third weekend away in 5 months.
Go without her then ;) John sometimes not keen, so I just bog off on my own.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We are the same. Off to Kelling Heath near Cromer, 12 miles away middle of March. It's good for us carers to have a change, we're still doing our bit but a change is good and Sue enjoys the break. It's been a long haul since our last trip away. Happy holidays and have a restful time.
Kelling Heath holds some fond memories of when our kids were growing up, it was a unique site then before it was sold off to one of the big conglomerates, we were friendly with the then manager and had some fantastic holidays with his family in and around Norfolk.(y)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
We like to get away every couple of weekends if possible, but with this b****y EGR AND heat exchanger recall we can't go anywhere! There will be severe temper tantrums if it isn't done in three weeks as we are due to go away for 11 days :mad:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We are going away this weekend Ellesmere port is but a distant memory now
work my last shift on Sunday having a week or so off before going to do my rigging assessment L3
bill

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I love being away wild camping on cold dry frosty spring nights. I like to do a bit of stargazing & live in Britain's first dark skies area which is wonderful for wild camping, why wouldn't I? So the answer is ASAP.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back