how long before 'you need to get away in the moho' ??? (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I never feel any need to 'get away'. I'm retired in a village at the foot of the South Downs. As well as getting out for an hour or two on one of my 60+ yr old Matchless motorbikes with a couple of 'Hell's Angina' pals I have specific winter hobbies: Restoring old bikes in a warm workshop with Radio 4 and a brew, providing technical help to owners of old bikes throughout Europe, producing copy and cartoons for a bike magazine, helping my sons with decorating, then a comfort food dinner and a glass of St Emilion. Get away from that? Not until it's warmer with lighter evenings when I'll be off to Europe again for most of the summer.

Attachments

• Always warn. Final.jpg
    Always warn. Final.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I never feel any need to 'get away'. I'm retired in a village at the foot of the South Downs. As well as getting out for an hour or two on one of my 60+ yr old Matchless motorbikes with a couple of 'Hell's Angina' pals I have specific winter hobbies: Restoring old bikes in a warm workshop with Radio 4 and a brew, providing technical help to owners of old bikes throughout Europe, producing copy and cartoons for a bike magazine, helping my sons with decorating, then a comfort food dinner and a glass of St Emilion. Get away from that? Not until it's warmer with lighter evenings when I'll be off to Europe again for most of the summer.
Woosy lol :cry:

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
We are the same. Off to Kelling Heath near Cromer, 12 miles away middle of March. It's good for us carers to have a change, we're still doing our bit but a change is good and Sue enjoys the break. It's been a long haul since our last trip away. Happy holidays and have a restful time.
we are doing the same type of thing we are going to waldergraves on mersea mainly for the electric and services hope all goes well for you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
we are the same we should be wandering around spain now my wife has an appt at the hosp this afternoon and will ask the consultant if it would be ok to go on an extended tour so fingers crossed we will be able to spend may in france be lucky pagey

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
ok an update mrs p has been given the ok to go touring again she is not required back at the hospital until june for another brain scan so it looks good for a month in local france happy days

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
The work situation having evolved a bit over the last 10 months or so , has allowed us ( if we wanted to ) to have long weekends away every week . We settled on going away approx every 2nd or 3rd weekends with a few 10/11 nights trips in the mix as well . Family contact taking up the non away weekends.......... Now evolved a bit more as I am in the throes of reaching permanent retiral . Am still on the books for the next couple of months , but a bit more away may be on the cards later in the year.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
The work situation having evolved a bit over the last 10 months or so , has allowed us ( if we wanted to ) to have long weekends away every week . We settled on going away approx every 2nd or 3rd weekends with a few 10/11 nights trips in the mix as well . Family contact taking up the non away weekends.......... Now evolved a bit more as I am in the throes of reaching permanent retiral . Am still on the books for the next couple of months , but a bit more away may be on the cards later in the year.
hi did a 9 week trip round the spanish south coast up the portugal coast and back along the spanish north coast and home once you do a long trip there is no going back enjoy

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
hi did a 9 week trip round the spanish south coast up the portugal coast and back along the spanish north coast and home once you do a long trip there is no going back enjoy

Must admit , for quite a time now we have fancied a longish trip mooching around Portugal .No idea why really , just one of those idle thoughts things. We have spoken about doing a recce , fly there/hotel/hire car break to Portugal. Drive around to get the feel of it and to decide if we liked it enough to actually haul the van down there for a prolonged break of say 7-8 weeks . If yes then we would opt for the Newhaven Dieppe ferry to get a head start on getting down there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back