How long before it's £2.0 ltr. (1 Viewer)

Reaynger

Free Member
Aug 1, 2011
Caithness
Funster No
MH
Peugeot coachbuilt.
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is there such thing as an electric powered motorhome on the market? Surely with access to EHU motorhoming must be the easiest form of motorised recreation to convert? Think about it, for the price of a standard EHU charge, you get a full tank of go-go juice in with the price as well as your lights! :ROFLMAO:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Is there such thing as an electric powered motorhome on the market? Surely with access to EHU motorhoming must be the easiest form of motorised recreation to convert? Think about it, for the price of a standard EHU charge, you get a full tank of go-go juice in with the price as well as your lights! :ROFLMAO:

Hymer have just shown an Electric/Diesel Motorhome. Diesel engine powers the front wheels. The electric motors drive the rear wheels in areas where there are restrictions on diesel engines.

EHU - how much do you think you will be paying per night? It won't be £2 to £5 if it is also being used to charge the drive batteries. Glad we are fitting solar to our van.

John

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Battery weight would kill the payload on a Euro van .. but the yanks are working on one..

Link Removed

but until they overcome both the weight and cost of batteries I think it is a non starter for the foreseeable future

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A couple of mths ago a mate asked me to do a conversion for a small camper based on the new LWB Renault Berlingo all electric £18,000 :Smile:He was serious and going to use a "Green" machine :winky: to charge the battery's :thumb:His reckoning was he is sole traveller and did not bother where his 100 mls took him or where he slept - He was all for it until I pointed out that you leased the battery's at £60 plus per week :cry: for up to 6,000 mls and more if you did more so no real benefit over the normal diesel :Doh:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back