How hot does it get in a van? (2 Viewers)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
One of the reasons we're looking to buy a van is so that we can get up and go when it suits us and take our wee dog with us. We were at a dealer yesterday looking around some vans and were struck by how hot it was in a few of them in the bright sunshine.
This concerns us as we will at some point have to leave the dog in the van for an hour or so.
I know that you can draw curtains or blinds on the windows but what about the roof lights, do they have blinds to keep out the light/heat?
Leaving windows open slightly isn't always a good idea. How hot can it get in a van?:hot:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
To be honest it wasn't the answer that I was looking for:( I really did think that keeping out the sunlight would keep the van cooler:doh:

In hot weather we open windows, close blinds on sunny side of van, open roof lights & close roof light blinds except for last couple of inches leaving room for hot air to get out but stopping most of the direct sunlight getting in! - works for us :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back