how easy is it to wild camp in UK (2 Viewers)

fabweb

Free Member
May 18, 2008
Funster No
i see you all say that that MH are great for France Aires and Wild CAmping
but
how easy is it to wide camp in UK please

thank you for your replies

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely Graham the bottom line is simply using a bit of plain common sense and not making a general nuisance of yourself by inconsiderate use of overnight parking? Be it Scotland, Wales or anywhere in England, i've never had, nor can i see there being a problem.
I'm not disputing that people may be able to overnight without problems. However, an earlier post mentioned the legality of it so I have posted the details of the law as it stands, for clarity as much as anything else.

Many people are now fast growing tired and fed up with all the craziness of various prohibition which tends to have its support from the 'potty pc' brigade who relish taking issues to an extreme and generally making life as miserable and unbearable as possible.
If anyone comes across unreasonable prohibition then it is right and proper for them to challenge it if they wish. Having said that, though, people may find that the prohibition is not unreasonable at all. For instance, whilst it might not be obvious to a stranger, bans on overnighting in some areas are for the very reasonable purpose of protecting rare flora and fauna.
I would submit that the proper course is to establish the facts in each case.

Oxford Services on the M40 for one. There are plenty more though. Many motorway service areas now like to encourage the business types in suits with company accounts who gather for 'meetings'.

Thats one i stopped on after driving non-stop from Switzerland two years ago. Called in at others on the way up to find the same notices prohibiting overnight stops. When i woke, there was a german registered van next to me with driver fast asleep.
According to the Link Removed "Parking is free of charge to all our customers for the first 2 hours. thereafter charges apply: Cars: £8.00, including a £2.00 meal voucher; Caravans, Coaches and HGVs: £20.00, including a £7.00 meal voucher." Maybe they have changed their policy since you were there two years ago.

Perhaps instances of where motorway services do not offer such facilities are the sort of case I mention above where people need to contact the operators and ask why such bans exist.

Graham

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back