Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
IMG_0228.JPG

How does he know that it is Sunday again and time for toast?
He never worries any other day but come Sunday morning after I have had a cup of tea he kicks off, starts groaning then running around ruffling and barking!

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We used to take our dogs to training classes on a tuesday night after eastenders (dont ask :D2).
As soon as those famous theme tune beats started the dogs would shoot up and run to where we kept their leads. However the other two nights when eastenders was on and came to an end, they never moved.
I am always amazed how dogs know.
Our current boy Nelson knows when John's piano teacher is coming. Every thursday teatime he lays by the door waiting....

Mrs Stagman

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Most dogs know 'everything'.
Ours has a very good built-in clock, must have as I've never seen her wrist watch!
Her memory is exceptional too, we can go back to a place we haven't been to for at least 12 months & she remembers it!
Dogs also hear what they want to hear, call, shout, whistle if it's less important than the sniff they are on they won't hear you!
Amazing animals!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Most dogs know 'everything'.
Ours has a very good built-in clock, must have as I've never seen her wrist watch!
Her memory is exceptional too, we can go back to a place we haven't been to for at least 12 months & she remembers it!
Dogs also hear what they want to hear, call, shout, whistle if it's less important than the sniff they are on they won't hear you!
Amazing animals!
That's my dog you have described.
Don't forget when in the car/MH they wake up when they arrive close to home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
My mum and dad had a Springer who always sat by mum, with his chin on her lap and adoring eyes looking up at her at mealtime every day - except on Sundays - the only day of the week when dad fed him - when, you've guessed it, the chin would be in dad's lap and adoring eyes gazing up at him instead! Amazing indeed.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Many, many years ago when I was young and still living with my Mum our dog, Tim, would go and sit looking out of the window five minutes before I arrived home.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When we had the Orchard, Rasputin and Bradley (our dogs) would go and sit at the end of the Drive where it joined the R O W and five minutes later Maureen would arrive home. It wasn't a set time either sometimes because of traffic hold ups or lack of, she could arrive earlier or later.
Goldie our GS could be fast asleep, in her kennel with the door facing the other way, but as soon as I picked a Mandarine from the tree 30metres away she'd be almost sitting on my toes in an instant.

Reactions: CWH

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
That's my dog you have described.
Don't forget when in the car/MH they wake up when they arrive close to home.
We don't have a bricks & mortar home but yes she definitely wakes up when we arrive to our spot for the night, don't know how she knows 'cos she never wakes when we just stop for lights etc. She always seems to know where we are!

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
My previous dog, Homer, would always know when we were 400 yards from home in the car. No matter how far we'd driven, he'd sit up as soon as we approached our turn off into our village.

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
My previous dog, Homer, would always know when we were 400 yards from home in the car. No matter how far we'd driven, he'd sit up as soon as we approached our turn off into our village.

Same as these two, when we take them out somewhere they sit in the back no problem soon as I turn into my Mums road if we go see her they start barking and getting excited.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I do recall that all dogs have a sense of smell in excess of 300 times that of a human.

I remember Billy Connolly talking about the Tattooed Feck-wits always seemed to own a fierce Dog almost like a badge of Honour.

One dog straining at the leash to sink it's teeth into Billy's leg coincidentally called Fang, was being held back by his skin-head owner and he said, my dog can SMELL fear.

Billy said "he wouldn't need a particularly good sense of smell as I've just Shit Masel."

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Mine - hasn't a clue... about anything :(.
She has a default "let's get excited" as soon as I move - just incase it might be food, a walk, a fuss, a visitor, a car ride, or even time for bed [she likes her nighttime bed] :rolleyes:.
Her internal "dinner-time" clock can be an hour either side of the appointed hour, depending on how comfy she is on the sofa.

Poor Kerry - but I love her really :whistle:

IMG_20170409_111214-600x1067.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We have to talk in code in this house, any word that involves, meat, biscuit, food, walk, emptying the bin or put the washing out sends them psycho.
Then when you go out to empty the bin or put the washing out you have to fight them to get the toys out of their mouths otherwise they go and bury them.

IMG_0025.JPG

A few that have been recovered and run through the dishwasher, must be hundreds still MIA:)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Mine - hasn't a clue... about anything :(.
She has a default "let's get excited" as soon as I move - just incase it might be food, a walk, a fuss, a visitor, a car ride, or even time for bed [she likes her nighttime bed] :rolleyes:.
Her internal "dinner-time" clock can be an hour either side of the appointed hour, depending on how comfy she is on the sofa.

Poor Kerry - but I love her really :whistle:

View attachment 156587
Nice dog, not too keen on your wallpaper :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back