How do your store your bikes inside (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Unfortunately that is a bit too much messing about for me as on our haibikes the spindle has to be completely taken out as our forks do not have the cut outs in them so then the spindle on the radfazz system would need removing each time to load and unload

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
i use a combination of some ideas already suggested

i have 2 bike rails fitted to a piece of ply on the floor, the ply is held in place using metal brackets that are attached to the van utilising screw holes that were already in the van holding the aluminium corner strips in place
on the back wall i fitted a bar to hold the fiamma arms, it was all made from the remains of the bike rack that came with the van which had led a hard life.....luckily i could mount the bar using the bolts that had held the rack onto the outside of the van which went through into the garage so i didnt have to make any new holes

if you get into the garage and have a good look around (even above) at all the fixings that the manufacturer used to put it together you should be able to use existing holes to support any bike holders you want to put in

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Fiamma Slide out rack.

Expensive but excellent bit of kit. Electric bikes too heavy to move inside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 49

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
I've cut one of the double-ended suction clamp glass sheet lifters in half to leave one clamp end with a tube and then fitted a short Fiamma bike rack arm to that. The assembly is then suctioned onto the rear wall of the garage and holds the bike upright and secure. I also had a Fiamma Ike rail bolted to the floor but if you used 2 clamps - 1 at the top of the frame and 1 at the bottom then the bike shouldn't go anywhere.
Jon

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I carry two adult E- bikes in a big garage and use two long bungees to keep them intact against the back wall and one shorter one to keep them together .. anything else I found wastes space or takes too much time. Works for me but i'm really not that precious about bikes.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I just screwed eyes into the back wall and used bungees. Put a blanket between them. Cheap easy and effective!
I did suggest to TinaL recently that if she was that worried about her bike getting scratched in the garage, then maybe she should try not to fall off it or drop it again, or maybe I could provide a beer crate for her to sit on the garage whilst she steadied them en route?
I just got the usual tut & scornful look, along with "and you call yourself an engineer"
Yes the recent honeymoon went without a single hitch also:pinocchio:
Les

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Fiamma Slide out rack.

Expensive but excellent bit of kit. Electric bikes too heavy to move inside.
We have as well, the big plus is being able to slide them in and out for easy access. Thought we would keep them outside if were were going to use them for several days but easy to just slip them back into the garage so no issues with padlocks/covers etc overnight.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Unfortunately that is a bit too much messing about for me as on our haibikes the spindle has to be completely taken out as our forks do not have the cut outs in them so then the spindle on the radfazz system would need removing each time to load and unload
Our Cubes have through axles, you just need to order the correct fork holder, yours are probably 15mm axles with a 100mm width unless you are on Suntour forks and they'll be 110mm width

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Our Cubes have through axles, you just need to order the correct fork holder, yours are probably 15mm axles with a 100mm width unless you are on Suntour forks and they'll be 110mm width

All sorted now 2 false cross bars so nothing touches our frames 2 minute job to load if that
20190323_184142.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back