How do you value a Motorhome..???? (1 Viewer)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
It is a great van and has charisma ... will give many happy memories to whoever buys it - and have a good weekend Mr Mo xx and Monday will be Monday - whatever -you have the love of many people behind you - many who have not met you xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Not one of my best buy`s...:frowny:

So after this coming Monday I may be selling our old "Autosleeper"... this one =

View attachment 440297View attachment 440298View attachment 440299View attachment 440300View attachment 440301View attachment 440302
18/19 year old girl... In reasonable condition in my eyes, every thing works as it should..

Just had a full service, tyres all good including the spare.. MOT`d till next March... & approx 63K on the clock, which I believe to be correct ...

Would sooner NOT sell it to a funster as I will only sell to Funsters things I am 100% sure are in great condition..

And having only done 150 miles since we bought it this I could not do...

It wants a good wash and polish...

What is she worth..???
.:thanks3:
Remind me on Monday and I will value it properly for you!

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
All the very best for Monday -whatever the news is your attitude to life will make it acceptable to the nth degree

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Not one of my best buy`s...:frowny:

So after this coming Monday I may be selling our old "Autosleeper"... this one =

View attachment 440297View attachment 440298View attachment 440299View attachment 440300View attachment 440301View attachment 440302
18/19 year old girl... In reasonable condition in my eyes, every thing works as it should..

Just had a full service, tyres all good including the spare.. MOT`d till next March... & approx 63K on the clock, which I believe to be correct ...

Would sooner NOT sell it to a funster as I will only sell to Funsters things I am 100% sure are in great condition..

And having only done 150 miles since we bought it this I could not do...

It wants a good wash and polish...

What is she worth..???
.:thanks3:
Hi Mo, you say it is not one of your best buys, is that because of the timing, or because of the MoHo. It looks like a clean MoHo in good condition. It would suit a first timer very well. If you were happy with the amount you paid, re advertise the MoHo for the same price. I am sure it will make somebody very happy.:giggle:(y) Best wishes for Monday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Mo, you say it is not one of your best buys, is that because of the timing, or because of the MoHo.

Mainly because of Covid and a few personnel things... It`s a lovely clean van... but no good just sitting around.... I don`t think that does them any good...:frowny:

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Like others before we hope everything goes well tomorrow and you come out smiling and all thoughts of selling out the door.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thinking of you tomorrow Mo, all the best, big hugs & I don't think you'll have much problem selling btwxx

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
Just wanted to say the van looks lovely to me so I'd definitely put it up for what I'd paid if I were you- and good luck with your test results.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo...just a quickie...does the box above the cab become a bed at all?

Some actually fold down and become a bed . Just asking for a friend

Regards Kev

Hi Kev...... Yes it drops down...

There are two long cushions up there which we too out and live in a spare bedroom. Along with a metal ladder..

Took them out to give us more storage..

I would say there is only enough room for a couple of children ... no good for an adult..

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
I would ask what you paid plus what you spent on it .
Personally I don't think buyers will give any great credit towards money spent. I also personally never believe in increasing the price to then reducing to take an offer.

When buyers are looking they spend often less than a second looking at each advert headline and they look at picture and price, picture and price and so on. It is only the items that stand out that get clicked on and looked at in more detail. In addition, if somebody has 15k or 20k or whatever budget they have, they will tend to look at items that fall into their budget.

If you would accept, say 16k or whatever figure, my advice is always to advertise it at that price or very close to it. You will ensure more people examining the advert but you need to say at the end of the description that the MH is very good value and the price is firm. People then visit knowing that the price is the price. What you cannot do is have a firm price and not tell them before they arrive.

That is the way that I always sell and have always found it the best method.

Good luck with the sale. It actually looks very nice I think.

Kind regards
Paul

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Well...................? You ok old chap?

Not really.................... :(

Sold this place today..... :Eeek:..... And have NOT got a replacement lined up.... :blush:

Is it possible to fit a 4/5 bedroomed bungalows worth of furniture into a 2 up 2 down cottage..:doh::think:..??

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Not really.................... :(

Sold this place today..... :Eeek:..... And have NOT got a replacement lined up.... :blush:

Is it possible to fit a 4/5 bedroomed bungalows worth of furniture into a 2 up 2 down cottage..:doh::think:..??
Drag it out until you find somewhere. Unless you have told them you are prepared to move out regardless of you finding a place, then you can ride it out I'm sure.
That aside...As previously mentioned on here..You need to step back a bit and really slow down! I'm sure the current situation in the world together with your health issues plus....planning a move..really it's a recipe for a bigger problem bud. You don't need us lot telling you that i'm sure, but it's true! You really need to take a look at the bigger picture and seriously step off this rolling road you seem to have been on since Haughton!
Sorry if i have gone on a bit but we on here, really do concern ourselves over you both.
Take care old chap ......;)(y)

kev

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
That aside...As previously mentioned on here..You need to step back a bit and really slow down! I'm sure the current situation in the world together with your health issues plus....planning a move..really it's a recipe for a bigger problem bud. You don't need us lot telling you that i'm sure, but it's true! You really need to take a look at the bigger picture and seriously step off this rolling road you seem to have been on since Haughton!
Sorry if i have gone on a bit but we on here, really do concern ourselves over you both.
Take care old chap ......;)(y)

kev
What Kev said, Auld Yin.
As we used to say up here, screw the bobbin!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back