How do you reset the service mileage indicator? (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have a 2009, Fiat Ducato 130 multyjet. I have just done an oil and filter change. The service mileage and oil service is showing something like 22883 Kilometers to go before an oil change is required. How do I do a reset? I have tried looking up on Youtube, most say press the odometer button but I don't have one. I have just read on here that you need a special tool to do a reset for the oil light. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Its a software only. There is a service distance to go and an oil change distance to go on mine. Last service they reset the oil but not the service. Eventually they did but it was new to them.
I believe multiecu scan will do it, connects to a laptop and licence costs about £50.
Ours is 2012 fiat 3 litre.
Would be pleased if someone knows different ......

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sorry it can only be reset by a plug in computer. Hopefully your local garage will have one because Fiat will charge an arm and leg. Mine came on at exactly 28k. I was in Germany and found a service garage who could do it but he tried 2 different computers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Well, I have spent enough on it for one day. On top of the oils and filters etc that I spent on doing the oil and filter changes I have just spent 2200€ on having the gearbox rebuilt. 24000 miles and the synco went between 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back