How do you keep a dog cool in a Portuguese heatwave? Simple! (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
AD05430F-3A73-4D12-A217-D2ED987C5FDD.jpeg
3EF275CA-101C-4759-BE1E-6B4D89AE3A79.jpeg
C55FAC7E-BDDF-4594-87EB-7166E00B662F.jpeg

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Is the shade a Thule one? We're looking for something similar to keep our dog cool :)

Last edited:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I’m sorry the dog would be out and I would be in there lol .

Where are you staying we are still in the mosel had a beer with John & Cath the other day

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry we didn't catch up with you in the end Dave. Safe travels and hope to meet up again some time.
We are off on the ferry tonight, had a great time and loved Portugal x

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Is the shade a Thule one? We're looking for something similar to keep our dog cool :)

No, it a set of Lilipads attached to the roll out awning. Keeps the worst of the heat out!
I’m sorry the dog would be out and I would be in there lol .

Where are you staying we are still in the mosel had a beer with John & Cath the other day
Ah, but we have an amazing and recently renovated pool, at Mikkis place, near Pera on the Algarve, absolutely fantastic, has to be the best aire ever! Think we will be staying put for the month, can’t quite explain it, it soooo friendly and perfect in every way. I know now why all their reviews are so good. Not sure I’d love it in winter as a bit of a trek to go anywhere, but there’s no need right now in the heat of summer.....with a pool, bar and food on site, a lot of long termers who are all so friendly, there’s no ‘clicks’ and it really is superb! And plenty of folk to,grab a lift from to go shopping etc. And the son of the owners, Danny, who works the bar, takes folk off in the Site van for any visits or shopping you want to do for a few €, and they have plenty of ‘comunal’ dinners, as well as a kitchen open. Many of those staying regularly meet up for sundowners every evening, interspersed with a dip in the pool every pint or so, it really is amazing.........and I don’t say that about many places !

.......€2000 per year if you want to have a permanent pitch........and many do live here..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@BreweryDave are they using the full site now at Mikki's? Last I heard they were having problems with the local authority and had to shut half of it down. We were there a couple of years ago just before their "troubles" (rival campsite I gather) and thought it a lovely place.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
@BreweryDave are they using the full site now at Mikki's? Last I heard they were having problems with the local authority and had to shut half of it down. We were there a couple of years ago just before their "troubles" (rival campsite I gather) and thought it a lovely place.
No, all sorted, legal and legit now ! they are still doing work and renovating it, all In keeping with what it is.....not your typical aire ! Shhhhhh, gonna keep quiet about it now, don’t want to ruin it with a load of funsters :p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back