Rally Chat How do you fancy... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just thinking ahead at the moment..

It`s a few years since I put on the joint RVOC/Funsters rally at Bagwell farm just outside Weymouth in Dorset..

As a lot have said there are not many meets down this end of the country...

Would anybody be interested in a Rally in April/May... If I can arrange one.. ?

Similar format to last time ie Hire a Mini Bus and do a couple of trips... perhaps arrange a fishing Trip out of Weymouth (Culminating in an evening Fish Bar-B-Q) Which went down well last time, and a load managed to fill their freezers up as well.. (y)

Usual Cheese and Wine Party... and normal Bar-B-Q`s..

Last time we had a commercial "Pig Roast" which weighed 48kl.... and was far to big for the 36 unit`s that turned up, so again every one filled their freezers..

So Before I start to do any arranging.....

Any preference as to date`s in April/May say for 5 - 6 days.. Friday to Wednesday.

And those that would be interested..

I have a few favours to pull in... so not sure on the cost at the moment, but rest assured I will get the best deal possible.. ;)

May be a proper site or a Rally field with basic`s...

What say you.. :)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Proper site with HS & EHU and we would be very interested. I am supposed to be retired so can get away anytime so no preference as long as you book fine weather. I would not go on the fishing trip as I am a terrible sailor and could neither bait a hook nor get the fish off (squeamish or what!!!!!) but enjoy eating anything if it is offered and would pay for the experience.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
We would LOVE to do one, as lots seem to be Ooop North! Thing is, we are limited to my time off as I'm a teacher. Saying that, we have the first two weeks of April off for Easter, a long weekend for May Day and a week at the end of May for Spring Holiday, so maybe we will get chance to come! No jokes about how easy teachers get it please....:p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Count us in please Old Mo, we stayed with the RVOC lot at Malvern and they were lovely.
Don't mind what dates, April would be better as our son has exams in May but we'd come anyway. No ideal when Easter is next year.

You had me at the mention of cheese.

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I would be interested in attending if my van isn't too small to park up by RV's ?but count me out of fishing and minibus trips. Nothing fancy required for me, just a field to park in would do but I have heard the RVOC lot are a good crowd so would love the opportunity to mix with them please.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Any time for us, don't care about the dates, would like EHU however, not worried about HS, put me down for the fishing, Maureen for the bus

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That sounds like a good idea. Too early to say yes, but certainly a provisional (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I would be interested in attending if my van isn't too small to park up by RV's ?but count me out of fishing and minibus trips. Nothing fancy required for me, just a field to park in would do but I have heard the RVOC lot are a good crowd so would love the opportunity to mix with them please.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

just RV's or can a likle panel van come to play:cry:
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Not thrown it over to RVOC yet..

Will depend on census of opinion as to whether we go for just a field or half and half.. or full blown Campsite..

If it`s a rally field it may not be suitable for heavy RV`s..

Hope if enough interest to get some thing sorted in the next few day`s..

I would like to have the RVOC gang along as most know they are the same as us but bigger. ;):D

And enjoy a good time ..... Just like "Funsters"..(y) :rofl::cheers::party2::beerchug:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, we love the mixture of Funsters vehicles at these rallies/meets. Everything from GozoMike's previous A/S Lezan(?) up to some monster RV's - all together having a good time. Lots of PVC's around as well. Hope we can make this one if it is a "go"

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think it was Malvern last year that someone in a Mazda Bongo parked up with RVOC. It was swallowed by a stray rampant generator, never to be seen again....... The resulting burp could be heard all over the show ground .. ;)

Hmmm.....there are simply not enough choices of "emotions" available on here to express my anxiety:notworthy:

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hmmm.....there are simply not enough choices of "emotions" o here to express my anxiety:notworthy:
:rofl:

Can't remember who the Bongo owner was, but they had a great time with the RVOC. Mousy camped with them at Malvern as well, as did One man and his Doblo, so you would have been in good company. We all just muck in basically - snobbery = zero (apart from the Rapido/Burstner 100 year war, of course and nobody can remember how it started:wink: )

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
the other attraction is the sea fishing..Mo offered to take me sea fishing in Spain back in 2009:whistle:

will you need sea fishing kit

as long as I don't have to dress up as a cowboy (or cowgirl) I'm in :)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
the other attraction is the sea fishing..Mo offered to take me sea fishing in Spain back in 2009:whistle:

will you need sea fishing kit

After this weekend (Hopefully) I will know if I can pull it off..

The last Bagwell Rally.... the fishing trip was called off because of bad weather... but I managed to scrounge a huge Bin=Liner full of various fish from one of the trawler lads for the evening Bar-B-Q ..

The boat we had lined up was "Lone Shark" and we limited it to 8 - 10 persons as we were hoping to fish a few offshore wrecks, and too many and you end up getting tangled up.. Richard the skipper was going to supply gear for them that didn`t have any... as said if I can pull it off and he is not booked already I will book him... It is one of the fastest cat`s out of Weymouth.. (y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
That's a no from us for the fishing after our horrendous trip in ilfracombe this year...

image.jpg

Harry just after he lost his breakfast

image.jpg

Fellow Funsters trying to be brave..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We would be up for it Mo, subject to dates.

We are away 2 weeks at Easter and the May half term, but if the dates don't clash would love to come.

Up for the fishing too.(y)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Haven't been sea fishing with Ron since the last time....and was violently sick. Happiest spinning for mackerel from a sea wall! Will bring all me tackle anyways. Up for everything else! :clap:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back