How do you clean brown stains off a shower tray? (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Terry, I cleaned luxury sailing yachts in the BVI and I was tasked to oil about a mile of teak inside and outside the yacht every time it came off charter - are you saying I was doing something that didn’t need to be done?! :rolleyes:

Believe me, scrubbing the shower boards was the worst job - absolutely gross - I did get to take the food home though - the rich people always had the yacht provisioned, but ate out most nights - only time I ever ate veal escalopes ......
Oiling teak on luxury yachts makes them look very nice - if you don't they eventually become a greyish colour which doesn't look quite as "posh". Otherwise teak doesn't really need any treatment, just kept clean and free of contaminants. That's why it's used so extensively.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Oiling teak on luxury yachts makes them look very nice - if you don't they eventually become a greyish colour which doesn't look quite as "posh". Otherwise teak doesn't really need any treatment, just kept clean and free of contaminants. That's why it's used so extensively.
I get that - but the oil certainly soaked in to the wood, so it must have been doing something.

I wonder whether the cheap shower board had been oiled anyway, but there was nothing for it to soak into, hence soaking into the shower tray instead!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have successfully used Y10 on shower trays sinks and cassette loo bowl ,contains oxalic acid in a gel form. It is brushed on over the stain, left on for 10 minutes and then washed off.
(Amazon product ASIN B003HD610K)
Used normally to get the yellow tide mark from boat water lines.
Not cheap on first purchase but lasts for a long time .
Wipe it on with soft cloth,go and put the kettle on have a brew and go back and sponge off.
It is slightly acidic but wont harm you trays etc,just follow instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Ryan
I am so pleased it wasn't just me about to make a childish comment about been more accurate on the toilet

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In a recent conversation with speedcoat regarding cracked shower tray ..first question he asked was there a duck board in shower .....apparently the biggest cause of cracks.

Have you tried t cut on the stain ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back