How do you check oil -viseo i696 (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
Went sunday to look at a Viseo696 lifted bonnet, so small gap, how do you check oil ect could not see dip stick.
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No idea what a Viseo i696 is, but someone will know.. I leave that up to the garage man ;)

Oddball: Hi, man.

Big Joe: What are you doing?

Oddball: I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.

Big Joe: What's happening?

Oddball: Well, the tank's broke and they're trying to fix it.

Big Joe: Well, then, why the hell aren't you up there helping them?

Oddball: [chuckles] I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work.

Big Joe: Christ!

Oddball: Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
The dealer showed me this on our 2014 Elegance. It is not easy. Any task on the engine bay is like operating through a letter box. I think it is a case of locating the dipstick and then drawing it out as you would normally, albeit with <6" of clearance over the top of the engine block.

I managed to blow the fuses for the cigarette lighter and the dash power point. It was an entertaining hour just getting into the fuse box. I have managed to fix one of the fuses, but given up on the other one (power point) as the fuses didn't appear to follow the manual.

Good luck with the dipstick!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Got to agree that the A Class can be tricky to access for routine servicing stuff. On the old van the dipstick was situated on the far side of the engine and replacing it was a matter of feeling it in. It got easier with time.

It was also absolute murder to gain access for things like changing heater plugs or even changing the air filter cartridge. I loved the wide cab for comfort and space, but you have to be prepared for potential problems and extra expense because of the restricted access. To replace the headlights the whole front of the van had to come off.

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
is it not on the dashboard instrument display when you first turn on the ignition?

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
its pretty accurate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My Rapido, Mercedes 3L. Has no dipstick, you press a button on the dash and it comes back with the oil level. My mechanic finds it a bit of a curse actually as when he changes the oil and filter and puts in the correct amount (12L) when the engine warms up on a run the oil level warning sometimes comes up that the level is too high.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Went sunday to look at a Viseo696 lifted bonnet, so small gap, how do you check oil ect could not see dip stick.
terry

Presumably if you bought it there would be a base vehicle manual supplied which would have a pic.

Yes some 'A' Class have restricted access, but the dipstick in our N+B Arto has a handle and the usual straight flat piece with the level markings, but between it is flexible so comes out in a curve, which gets over the headroom problem.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back