How do you Benidorm motorhomers manage more that a week in this place.. (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jeez, lighten up, who wants culture :sleep: we want somewhere with I bit of life in the place. There's plenty of time to visit monasteries and crap when we're old :ROFLMAO:
Bit of life lol .....i saw more invalid scooters and heard more ambulance sirens in that hour than I've seen in my life :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I thought the strip passes through Calle Gerona at 90°. It's wide, pedestrianised and got pole dancers on tables outside a few of the bars :rolleyes:
View attachment 220546
Yon is The Square, it even says so in the top right.
If i remember Neptunes, Morgan Tavern jj, The Ambassador, Zodiac, Stardust and some Country a Western Bar were all on the strip. With other little spanish bars and bookie pubs. With Steptoes and the Black Chicken just off.

The square was developed much later.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yon is The Square, it even says so in the top right.
If i remember Neptunes, Morgan Tavern jj, The Ambassador, Zodiac, Stardust and some Country a Western Bar were all on the strip. With other little spanish bars and bookie pubs. With Steptoes and the Black Chicken just off.

The square was developed much later.
Just the name of those bars tells me there's way too much British influence in that town

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I managed 1 hour 17 mins in Benidorm

I have to wonder if the regular visitors have been anywhere else .......with a bit of culture p
I think you will find that many of us are extremely well travelled throughout the world and continue to enjoy exposure to culture in many places. However, for some of us Benidorm has its own charm and you don't have to travel far to see quaint spanish towns and villages. I go for a bit of winter sun and some wonderful company. I don't drink, so rather like the many ,many Spanish who visit Benidorm, I look upon the antics as a bit of a spectator sport!
My first day in Benidorm 3 years ago was nearly my last but having paid for two weeks camping upfront I was too mean to waste it. Thank heavens we stayed. Within a few days we began to understand the place a bit.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you will find that many of us are extremely well travelled throughout the world and continue to enjoy exposure to culture in many places. However, for some of us Benidorm has its own charm and you don't have to travel far to see quaint spanish towns and villages. I go for a bit of winter sun and some wonderful company. I don't drink, so rather like the many ,many Spanish who visit Benidorm, I look upon the antics as a bit of a spectator sport!
My first day in Benidorm 3 years ago was nearly my last but having paid for two weeks camping upfront I was too mean to waste it. Thank heavens we stayed. Within a few days we began to understand the place a bit.
Aye it seems popular granted ...just not my thing

But I did like the tv series it was good

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I look upon the antics as a bit of a spectator sport!

you can see that type of 'sport' on most British high streets most nights of the week.. and it's very popular at the weekend..

Within a few days we began to understand the place a bit.

no intention of even trying to understand it.. not our thing either ..

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Benidorm is great,to visit,but there is more here than just benidorm,try,la cala,albur ,altea,villa joyosa,
Or better,try my place,15 mins walk to albur, dog friendly, beautiful views,and benidorm a short drive away,no bombs or,b52 bombers up here
b915782ea547d3bd2d17af46ce209cde.jpg

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
we called in for a few days, it grew on us and we stayed a week, like MacArthur we will return

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I managed 1 hour 17 mins in Benidorm

I have to wonder if the regular visitors have been anywhere else .......with a bit of culture p
We do not go to Benidorm for its culture, it is virtually the only place in southern Europe that remains open for the winter, however there is plenty of culture in the surrounding area and in the old town. We go there for the winter weather and the fine company of our Funster friends which seem to increase in numbers every year.
Believe it or not a lot of us are well traveled and have 'cultural experiences' from all over the world, perhaps next time you are passing call in and experience the Funster welcome and comradeship which exists throughout the winter, you will be more than welcome.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back