How do you Benidorm motorhomers manage more that a week in this place.. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just returned from Benidorm, it was an experience to behold and we will be heading back in September. We arrived to the beginnings of the The Fallas Festival which to be honest I couldn’t make head nor tail of. It started with the building of these large Disney creatures that were around 20’ high. Then came the brass bands, dressing up and then the B52 strikes in the guise of fireworks. This went on for days and nights. These air bombs would go off, the brass ban would start up and herds of females in costume would all start marching around the town again starting as late as 2am. This celebration ended with more B52 strikes the brass band and marching Disney then at 2am on Tuesday morning they set fire to the whole lot with a huge bonfire while the band played and the girls gathered around…What was that all about I have no idea but very entertaining?o_O

Then we had Paddy’s day, what a display of drunks at their best this was. Benidorm turned green with every street and bar full to bursting. A great day to behold.(y)

Our Hotel was excellent too, 18 floors of potential drunks. The food was excellent and the entertainment was more than excellent.(y)

I only booked half board to give us a chance to get out and about but the first night was such fun that we up graded to all inclusive the very next morning….:)

We hired a nice car intending to do some touring but it ended up in the hotel car park with the driver unfit to drive so we will have another go in September to get some touring in.

We were also witness to a police drugs heist on the beach road at mid-day shutting down 4 British bars while they carried out the search using 4 sniffer dogs and 5 van loads of police carting off a number of reveler’s. Benidorm is most definitely not a boring destination…….had a fantastic stay.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Oh so you went to the quiet part of town !

IF you take your motorhome it is much more peaceful if you pick the right sites and a drive around you can get to so many places BUT don't ignore the free trips and the boat trips too all worth it in their own way
You have to go to the motorcycle museum and the waterfalls and Guadalest

2016-08-25  (24)  Motor bike Museum .JPG 2016-08-25  (62).JPG

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Oh so you went to the quiet part of town !

IF you take your motorhome it is much more peaceful if you pick the right sites and a drive around you can get to so many places BUT don't ignore the free trips and the boat trips too all worth it in their own way
You have to go to the motorcycle museum and the waterfalls and Guadalest

View attachment 220497 View attachment 220498
Thanks madcaravanner, we did have a drive around all the local caravan sites and met a few residents but most days we were driving restricted;) We did have a good time though with our hotel just next to Lavante beach with well known landmarks on our doorstep. We stayed at the Port Benidorm hotel which was an experience in itself. All inclusive is a dangerous option for the weak willed.;) Many were totally pissed by 11am.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
All inclusive is a dangerous option for the weak willed.;) Many were totally pissed by 11am.(y)

We don't go to hotels much now simply because IF I get a stomach infection it could affect the main problem I have and cause me to require immediate hospitalisation with lots of Antibiotics and constant morphine (not a pleasant time I can tell you) Plus I have to remain teetotal anyway

But if you can get away from the Spanish Blackpool there are some really nice places

Got a huge list of places we have found

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I went for the first time last October Buttons.

We all loved it. We didn’t venture far from the Old Town as we had a 13 year old in tow but I thought it was a great place if you can dodge the fat able bodied drunk people on mobility scoots:)

The weather and beach were superb.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am doing it week on, 3 weeks off so far this year. Came Jan and Feb plus here now.
All in moderation, you can go full out booze culture or 10 mins away and it's all so difference.
Tonka towers is only 2 streets back from all the antics of the "strip" but you would hardly know it's there.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am doing it week on, 3 weeks off so far this year. Came Jan and Feb plus here now.
All in moderation, you can go full out booze culture or 10 mins away and it's all so difference.
Tonka towers is only 2 streets back from all the antics of the "strip" but you would hardly know it's there.

Is the strip the road along Levante Beach at the front Tonka?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

No.. often called the strip or the English square. Area where it's paved clubs like Sinatra's, cafe benidorm etc. Plus the calle gerona where it starts by Morgan's tavern and then goes up to the paved area.
Basically the boozy bar area.. and where all the stags and hens head for.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No.. often called the strip or the English square. Area where it's paved clubs like Sinatra's, cafe benidorm etc. Plus the calle gerona where it starts by Morgan's tavern and then goes up to the paved area.
Basically the boozy bar area.. and where all the stags and hens head for.

I see. I missed all that(y)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We strayed up from La Manga to spend 5 nights in the Magic Cristal Park hotel just after the New Year mainly to see the daughter and two granddaughters and our 1 year old great granddaughter and their boyfriends as well, all paid for by us. That was all inclusive which was a waste on us as we don’t drink unless you call half a lager a drink. However we did enjoy the trip and the hotel was good with two large restaurants to choose from and it help to break the 6 months that we are away from them all.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Benidorm,fantastic place! Last went there in 1980,can’t imagine why I’ve never been back. Now keen to return to see all the improvements.:D

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We were there about 8 years ago and returning mid Nov. It's not a lot different to Newcastle apart from the sunshine.........................but with climate change maybe Benidorm will catch up to the Toon.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The strip is calle Gerona, from the beach it is 3 streets back The infamous Black Chicken and John and Josephs are on the strip. Further back there are plenty of strip type pubs and caberet bars. (Sticky Vicky type strip bars lol)
Been a while since i've been. The beach bars are very much more civilised.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The strip is calle Gerona, from the beach it is 3 streets back The infamous Black Chicken and John and Josephs are on the strip. Further back there are plenty of strip type pubs and caberet bars. (Sticky Vicky type strip bars lol)
Been a while since i've been. The beach bars are very much more civilised.
I thought the strip passes through Calle Gerona at 90°. It's wide, pedestrianised and got pole dancers on tables outside a few of the bars :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20180323-061145.png

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There were girls pole dancing in 2 of the beach bars I walked past.

8 times

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I went for the first time last October Buttons.

We all loved it. We didn’t venture far from the Old Town as we had a 13 year old in tow but I thought it was a great place if you can dodge the fat able bodied drunk people on mobility scoots:)

The weather and beach were superb.
Mobility scoots Chris:)...I must admit that I was tempted but my ego kept us from one of those double jobies:D In reality they are an ideal mode of transport, would you believe our hotel had outside charging points and parking for them.(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Mobility scoots Chris:)...I must admit that I was tempted but my ego kept us from one of those double jobies:D In reality they are an ideal mode of transport, would you believe our hotel had outside charging points and parking for them.(y)

I loved seeing them all parked outside the bars(y)

A bit like a bikers pub:)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I managed 1 hour 17 mins in Benidorm

I have to wonder if the regular visitors have been anywhere else .......with a bit of culture p
Jeez, lighten up, who wants culture :sleep: we want somewhere with I bit of life in the place. There's plenty of time to visit monasteries and crap when we're old :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
After reading this thread, Benidorm is several places closer to the top of my anti-culture bucket list :rofl:
How about the Sunday outside market, enough culture for anyone. Row after row of the same delightful tat but very cheap.;):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back